Application for Niko

Forum used for submitting new applications for characters on Requiem.

Moderator: Gatekeeper

Niko
Fresh Meat
Character: Niko

Application for Niko

Post by Niko » July 11th, 2021, 2:40 am

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

No

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:

I’ve been playing D&D on and off since I was 8 years old. I’ve developed lots of characters, but I’ve also written and ran campaigns.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?

I’m looking for a deep, immersive world where I can develop a character. I’m hoping the stories are good and the developers and players are active

What will your character’s name be?:

Niko

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Niko is in his mid-thirties. He is 5’10” with a lean, ascetic build. His features are strange and bold, but not altogether unattractive. His long hair is a dark chestnut with streaks of sun-bleached copper, and his beard salt and pepper. His autumnal hair stands in contrast with his light bronze skin, evidence of his mixed lineage. His dark, prominent eyebrows frame sea green eyes that smolder with a restrained intelligence.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

His official purpose seems to be to find his brother and offer medical assistance in the province. There is, however, something reserved and secretive about his nature.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):

Niko can remember a time before the world went to hell, but what he remembers better is when everything began to fall apart. He was living with his brother and mother in a monastery when word of the sickness began to spread. Their mother claimed to know nothing of their father’s whereabouts, but their father certainly knew of theirs. He crept slowly onto the grounds one night, already agitated and starting to cross into delirium. Much to their mother’s dismay, he had come to die with his children. Only later did Niko realize the implication of his father's suicide. They buried him under the broad shade of an old elm tree. One summer evening as the sun was getting ready to set, the family departed to visit his grave with a loaf of bread. They arrived to find it dug up and abandoned. The family locked themselves in their room, and packed and left the next morning. They hopped from monastery to monastery until they settled in the distant mountains, where their mother thought they would be safe. Here they worked and trained with the monks, although Niko’s brother was more interested in practicing with his bow and exploring than any scholarly pursuits. When they were adults, Niko’s brother left for a hunter’s lodge which quietly watched over a pass on the other side of the mountains. Niko spent much of his twenties in meditation or prayer, or experimenting with various medicines. It is rumored among the monks that Niko accidentally found a way to access the akashic records while experimenting with plants, and departed suddenly for the First Province shortly after. It is also said that he travels with a tightly wrapped bag, everywhere he goes. He was reported to be seen one night with the bag unwrapped, standing over and speaking to a small set of lifeless bones.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

I step forward and speak loud and clearly.
“I am Nikodemus of Redbrook Monastery, and I am trained in the treatment of the sick and wounded. I have an education in natural medicines and can officiate funeral rites. From what I can tell, The First Province could use all of these skills.”

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application for Niko

Post by Coty » July 11th, 2021, 10:59 pm

Things like the "akashic records" do not exist within Requiem. Something similar could exist, however, though not part of the main lore. It would most likely be considered a heretical ideal to the church but could fit somewhere in the Westlands.

Can find some lore about the Westlands here: https://www.13thrones.com/wordpress/ind ... rritories/

You will have to edit out any reference to the "akashic records" from your history before we can accept your application. You may use a similar concept but will have to conform to the lore and not reference things that exist in real life.

We will need a bit more out of your RP response before accepting your application. Please continue the RP scenario by replying to the RP prompt below.

The officiant's tired gaze shifts up to you, expression unchanging as he takes in your visage. "Redbrook, was it?" He asks in monotone voice, pale eyes shifting to the Legionnaire at his side before returning to you. "Where about is that, pray tell? You've a Visa with you? Proof of citizenry, mayhaps? " Thick brows raise with the inquiries before he leans back, awaiting your response.