Application for Emmeline d'Grai

Forum used for submitting new applications for characters on Requiem.

Moderator: Gatekeeper

trinsic
Character: trinsic

Application for Emmeline d'Grai

Post by trinsic » April 5th, 2022, 10:08 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
  I have never played on Requiem, no.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
Long time roleplayer both in UO and out. DND, LARP, MMOs, IRC, all of it! Love grimdark gothic horror and have read and played extensively in the genre.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
  I have always enjoyed UO as a vessel for providing a fun experience. Even back in the heyday of UO, I played in the roleplaying community on Atlantic where we essentially made up the story and lore as we went along. What you’ve done here is take that to an entire other level and I am beyond impressed with it. I wish to join a community of like minded folks who enjoying using UO as the ‘engine’ for telling engaging and fun stories. I also particularly enjoy this sort of grimdark horror setting! I expect to work with everyone to have an enjoyable time together and make new memories that I will hold onto as much as I do my RP memories from 20 years ago on Atlantic.

What will your character’s name be?:
  Emmeline d’Grai

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
  Emmeline is of slight stature – barely five feet tall and wispy thin. She has pale skin from a life spent in thick swamps, dark and often tangled dirty hair, and bright green eyes. She appears to be in her early 20s but her expression shows the sort of ‘age’ only the witness of horrors can bring. She has a long straight scar along her right jaw line down to her neck.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
  The swampy land she has long called home having begun to dry up and the land to crack and die, Emmeline ventured further afield in search of relative safety and a place to establish roots. Having lived in the wilds her entire life, curiosity forced her to seek one thing she had never truly explored – the veneer of civilization.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):
  Having spent her entire life in the swampy lands on the outskirts of Volgen, Emmeline is more at home under the sky then under a roof. Raised by small but close family, they eeked out a meager existence off small game and edible plants the swamp provided. An expert at hunting, trapping, and identifying plants, Emmeline is most comfortable among nature. A kind natured soul, she was always quick to aid those who got lost in the swamps, guiding them back to civilization and pointing out what they could and could not eat along the way. Her family having almost entirely succumbed to the torment, and with the swamps she so long had called home drying up, she was forced to flee further afield in search of somewhere, anywhere, she could try to call home.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:
  I will waste none of your time as I respect the amount of work you’ve to do. (She gestured towards the huddled masses.) I come from a dark and difficult swamp in Volgen. I know hard work and I know suffering. I can care for myself and I can help show others how to care for themselves too. I won’t be a burden on your resources – instead I will benefit you by helping develop knowledge of wild plants and game that can be useful as food, medicine, or anything else. Let me pass and I’ll earn my place here and then some.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application for Emmeline d'Grai

Post by Coty » April 5th, 2022, 10:58 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!