Application for Joseph Lemeilleur

Forum used for submitting new applications for characters on Requiem.

Moderator: Gatekeeper

Joseph
Character: Joseph Lemeilleur

Application for Joseph Lemeilleur

Post by Joseph » November 21st, 2022, 12:48 pm

* No prior experience of Requiem.

* I played UO when I was a kid. I played UO Outlands for a while, I got tired of killing mobs just to get richer and richer, I want to play a RPG, like in Role Playing Game ;)

--

Joseph Lemeilleur (common full name), an old ranger looking to expand his hunting territory. As most Volgen, Jo (short for Joseph, for close friends) lives a nomadic life with his, now deceased, hunting dog Charlie de Bruchesi.

At 38, pale skin, slim but robust, he had his fair share of the world already. Travelling has its toll on the body. Not only the body, some might say. His opinion about the Republic and the Decusian Faith is not as high as one might expect.

Living with nature, the livestock, hunting, taking lives to give to others seems a reasonable balanced way of thinking. However, this tint his point of view toward the Decusian Faith. Even for the Church, using arcane powers must have big unknown consequences. This new plague that ravage the land, the stock is taking away the Volgen’s way of living. It must come from something, somewhere.

What takes must give back. Don’t Decu himself gave the ultimate price to give the World of Men a chance to master its destiny?

His believe is: everything must be living in equilibrium.

To avoid being persecuted, Joserf (formal naming) does not wave his believe to the public. He plays well his game, but not above what is required to not bring suspicions. Only a very few knows about his vision of the world, the “how it should be”.

Humble, at the service of nature first, then the common folk, Jo is roaming the land, taking what is necessary to give back to the community until his next destination.

Rumours say there relics near Tor, he might as well put his Volgen military training as Scout to the service of other adventurers, only the wind will guide this free roaming mind, always search for new land to explore.

Maybe, at the end, Joserf is only searching himself through all this complex thing we call the Cycle of Life. Joseph Lemeilleur takes his time, he admires what it is given to him, until Nature takes back what she owns.

Joseph
Character: Joseph Lemeilleur

Re: Application for Joseph Lemeilleur

Post by Joseph » November 21st, 2022, 3:50 pm

The officiant snorts in disdain, then adds the last line to the rehearsed monologue:
“State your business and make it quick, citizen; we’ve enough bodies in there to keep us busy for years without adding yours to the pile, and those VIC are stirring up problems something fierce as of late.”

Joserf Lemeilleur, in a quick, decisive manner, firm but polite:
“I am here for business; I am a hunter ready to share my knowledge of the Midlands. Everybody must eat, don’t they?”

Without waiting for an answer, Jo walked toward the center of the compound, looking around, looking at his ticket in his hand.

Joseph to himself:
“So, that’s how it is beginning this time. Let’s see what those lands are made of.”

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application for Joseph Lemeilleur

Post by Coty » November 21st, 2022, 5:12 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!