Application for Oiferin

Forum used for submitting new applications for characters on Requiem.

Moderator: Gatekeeper

Oiferin
Fresh Meat
Character: Oiferin

Application for Oiferin

Post by Oiferin » December 8th, 2022, 11:01 am

PLAYER QUESTIONS
Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played: I have not.

How did you hear about Requiem?: Talking on a discord server with friends about different kinds of UO servers, Requiem was a example of Rol-playing, and I decide to test.

CHARACTER QUESTIONS
What will your character’s name be?:
Oiferin, if it is possible.

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features: Oiferin have 30 years old, is a slight build, standing six feet tall, with long arms and legs, but relatively small hands and feet. A thin face with coarse features, dark brown with bushy eyebrows framing his piercing brown eyes, a not very long but abundant beard and long hair gathered in a ponytail.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province: Oiferin comes to the First Province longing to quench his thirst for blood and knowledge. From his early teens, he was drawn to monster stories and fantastic tales of heroes defeating these malevolent creatures, seeking to forge their own destiny as a Monster Hunter.

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character's history. This does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:
Oiferin is the son of a goldsmith named Bender and his wife Dalia, he is the youngest of two brothers. He was born in a small village in The Eastern Baronies, on the slopes of The Drifting River near Aedenshyr's, called Dercondel.

Since he was a child, always insightful and attentive to what others told and said, he assimilated the knowledge and stories of the sporadic travelers who passed through the town, satisfying his curiosity on every occasion. The education that his parents could give him were not abundant, but it was enough for Oiferin to learn to read and write. Whenever he had the opportunity, he spent his savings on books that would help him gather information or further his dream of hunting monsters.

Oiferin worked long hours as a farmer during the years he lived in Dercondel, taking care of his father, already deteriorated by age, and the last living relative. His mother had died of a strange disease and his brother had disappeared for a long time, nothing was known about him.

In his spare time he occupied himself with his fanaticism about monsters and paranormal creatures, always imagining different situations in which he faced danger.

Not long ago, his father passed away and Oiferin, with no other ties to keep him in the village, decided to travel to First Province, and thus fulfill his dream of becoming a Monster Hunter, and maybe found his brother in the way, without forgetting his roots and his beloved parents, but with one goal: Make his name important in the history books, like so many other famous heroes of whom he had read and heard stories.
Please write a few short paragraphs of an in-character response to the following scenario:
"You have finally arrived at your destination; the Rumbling Pass train-yards. Before you stands a massive outpost..."

"...you step forward towards the officiant, and make your decision as to how to gain access to the First Province."

-Officiant, in your well-accomplished speech, you mention a quarantine visa. I regret to report that I do not own one, and I will not be vulgar in resorting to ploys to tarnish my name or yours. I have traveled far to serve, and I can assure you that I will not be another corpse in the pile. Rather, I am the definitive solution to recover the First Province and reconstitute order in the territory.
*Makes a small cordial nod*
ImageRunawaySky#1799

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application for Oiferin

Post by Coty » December 8th, 2022, 12:50 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!