Application for Agata Monteya

Forum used for submitting new applications for characters on Requiem.

Moderator: Gatekeeper

giulichan
Character: Mikuni

Application for Agata Monteya

Post by giulichan » December 8th, 2022, 7:11 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played: I have some knowledge, but barely any experience whatsoever. I wanna be better for sure, my bf showed me how to play :)

How did you hear about Requiem? my boyfriend told me about it and always wanted to try playing :)

What will your character’s name be? agata

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Agata is a 25 year old woman, with purple hair (that's why the reason she is called "agata" which is "agate" in spanish)
she is tall , skinny and has light skin. she usually uses a wig or dyes her hair to hide the fact she has a "hideous or weird colour"

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
She went to the first province to learn about all the new things she can, she is an alchemist apprentice and she wants to experience with new potions and techiques

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history. This does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:
agatha is an easy going girl, used to live with her parents in the mountains, she was born with purple hair, which was seen as a curse, she was treated like a witch, and people wanted to get rid of her so one night she left with no words not even a card so her parents dont suffer the consecuences. that never faced her though , she is the type of person that hides her feelings under this "easy going girl character" she uses. she always liked plants, animals, and experimenting with leaves to make potions, she is not scared of trial and error and sometimes ends up blowing up stuff, she also used to have a part time job as a nurse, she likes helping people, she wants to be liked. her dream was to get to know new places so she can get even better as an alchemist and meet new people so she doesnt feel rejected or hated anymore. he hair is hidden under different colours or styles to hide her true hair color .

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application for Agata Monteya

Post by Coty » December 8th, 2022, 9:23 pm

NOTE: Purple hair isn't a natural occurrence in Requiem. It is possible as part of corruption via magic. So just keep that in mind it would have to be something like that, and magic is very bad in Requiem. Your backstory seems to take that into account but I wanted to drive that point home.

You'll need to reply to the roleplay prompt before we're able to approve your application.

It can be found here: https://www.13thrones.com/wordpress/ind ... plication/

At the bottom of the page.

giulichan
Character: Mikuni

Post by giulichan » December 8th, 2022, 10:59 pm

Coty wrote: December 8th, 2022, 9:23 pm
NOTE: Purple hair isn't a natural occurrence in Requiem. It is possible as part of corruption via magic. So just keep that in mind it would have to be something like that, and magic is very bad in Requiem. Your backstory seems to take that into account but I wanted to drive that point home.

You'll need to reply to the roleplay prompt before we're able to approve your application.

It can be found here: https://www.13thrones.com/wordpress/ind ... plication/

At the bottom of the page.

okay :), could it be that she may have magic but its not aware of it? ooor she was actually cursed (or her mother was) and that why she has purple hair. I didnt know if it was a colour available and that's why I went like "but she dyes her hair or uses a wig to hide it" hahaha xD
and sorry I forgot about that prompt, here it is! :

Please write a few short paragraphs of an in-character response to the following scenario:
"You have finally arrived at your destination; the Rumbling Pass train-yards. Before you stands a massive outpost..."

"...you step forward towards the officiant, and make your decision as to how to gain access to the First Province."

- hey officiant nice to meet you! >smiles very happily < how's your day doing? I dont have a visa but I do have this ! >shows her job title as a medic assistant and alchemist's apprentice waving the paper proudly< I came here to help treat people here, and to show you my work with my potions you can be sure I can make a great addition to first province and to make body piles smaller for sure >winks confidently< !

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Post by Coty » December 8th, 2022, 11:24 pm

Tons of ways to explain it. Your mother could have been a mage, casting magic while pregnant. Could have been in the proximity of magic that went wrong. (There's actually a mechanic IG where if you cast a spell without a morium ((basically soul fuel for spells)) it can backfire and turn your hair purple, change your skin color or tons of other wonky stuff, haha.) Could probably swing a curse as well though those aren't very common. The main hurdle is people not immediately murdering you seeing your purple hair while you were young. Tons of way to explain though, shaved hair, wore a wig, or dyed hair to hide it. All would work. (There is purplish hair dye once you get IG, so can switch but be careful telling people it's natural as it may bring attention.)

Can find more info about magic here: https://www.13thrones.com/wordpress/ind ... onsortium/

If you wanna talk more without revealing your backstory can submit a player relations ticket in the discord from the #tickets channel towards the top and we can talk more about it.

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!