Secondary character - Slayton Forsythe

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
YeOldenMan
Character: Slayton Forsythe

Secondary character - Slayton Forsythe

Post by YeOldenMan » December 27th, 2022, 10:58 pm

This is a secondary character application.

(Please note: Staff is looking for at least three lore references in your application when reviewing.)

What will your character’s name be?

Slayton Forsythe

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

He is an old man in his sixties, slightly hunched with the aid of a walking stick. His face is covered by sun spots and he has a bulbous nose with thin lips. His hair is kept in a pony tail and his matching white beard is kept fairly short most of the time. His bare arms would show the hint of a life in the Sun, thin skinned with various scabs. He likely would have been a decent looking man some 30 years ago.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

Mr. Forsythe now seeks to retire where his life began. He seeks cures for his ailments with knowledge vaguely passed to him by his deceased wife.

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history. This does
not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:

Mr. Forsythe would have been a hard man to work for in his day. He was stationed in Ghaenthgrand as a Foreman by the Foundry in the year 1327, after having started serving the Foundry in 1310 in Aetherun, Three years prior to the outbreak in the west.

He grew up in the First Province, just outside of Tor, to Citizens, Marco and Eliza Forsythe. Slayton is a widower since his wife of twenty five years, Gloria, has passed recently.

“By decree of the Venerated Church, the First Province is a mortal health hazard, and as such, is quarantined under Article Eighteen of the Republic Treatise of Health Act of 1320. Citizens who do not possess a Quarantine Visa issued by one of the recognized Factions of the Republic are considered non-essential to the reclamation of the First Province. Under Article Eighteen, non-essentials seeking entry into an official quarantine zone must petition for entry into a said zone, and state just cause for the issuing of a Quarantine Visa by the perimeter authority.”

*The officiant snorts in disdain, then adds the last line to the rehearsed monologue:*

“State your business and make it quick, citizen; we’ve enough bodies in there to keep us busy for years without adding yours to the pile, and those VIC are stirring up problems something fierce as of late.”

Slayton pulls out the folded Foundry Visa from the pocket inside his coat. His weary arm hands it slowly across the table to the Officiant.

I've given my back to the Republic in service. I seek now only to die in peace, in the place where I grew up. Will you give back an old man his chance to see the Capitol once more?

Slayton would give a slight flat smile to the man and lean back upon his walking stick with a wince.

I may be retired from that service, but that does not mean I cannot impart knowledge to the young folk.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Secondary character - Slayton Forsythe

Post by Coty » December 27th, 2022, 11:05 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!