Application for Karsten Grymwood

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
trinsic
Character: trinsic

Application for Karsten Grymwood

Post by trinsic » December 30th, 2022, 3:04 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

I have played very briefly as Emmeline dGrai around April 2022, but with starting a new job and moving to a new city, I never got to explore as I had hoped! This character will replace my previous character.

How did you hear about Requiem?:

Originally reddit and google searches for RP shards

CHARACTER QUESTIONS

What will your character’s name be?

Karsten Grymwood

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

A tall and imposing figure, Karsten appears to be in his late twenties or early thirties. He stands 6' 4" tall with pale skin and coal black hair - a clear sign of his deep Ostenam lineage. He is well muscled and has rugged good looks. Unusually for his kind he has piercing green eyes. His body is covered in scars from a hard life spent deep in the woods.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

A hunter and woodsman since he was able to walk and carry an axe, Karsten is used to harsh and unforgiving environments. Having mastered the thick woods of his home, he heard rumours of terrible beasts guarding untold treasures in the provincial lands. Desiring his name to be at the tip of every bard's tongue, and his legacy to be sung of for ages, he set off for the First Province in the hopes of making a name for himself.

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history. This does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:

Born and bred in the deep forests of Ostenam, Karsten descends from a long line of traditional hunters and raiders. He can be short of word, as is common for his kind, preferring to speak through his deeds. He grew up in his father's shadow, stalking and hunting the prey of the woods to carry their bounty back to the family. The youngest of three boys, he always felt as though he were a 'spare'. He would rashly and carelessly try to outshine his brothers in the hopes of earning his father's praise. He was capable and brave, but he was still the youngest. This desire to be 'seen' amongst his family has always driven him to bolder and more dangerous feats - always seeking fame and renown. In addition to his familiarity with hunting and raiding, he has a fondness for woodworking, seeking out interesting pieces of wood and carving intricate designs both for sale and as gifts.

Please write a few short paragraphs of an in-character response to the following scenario:

He looked grimly at the man, unused to being addressed in such a tone. Looking him squarely in the eye, he spoke, his voice deep and steady:
I am not some refugee peasant seeking warmth and care. I hail from Ostenam - I am capable with an axe and do not need looking after. I have heard tale of foul beasts to be felled, and I intend to fell them. I come from a long line of capable hunters and warriors. I obey the law and uphold my honour. Grant me passage and I will prove my worth many times over.
With that he nodded intently, awaiting the official's reply.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application for Karsten Grymwood

Post by Coty » December 30th, 2022, 3:18 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!