Character Application - T'karal Ruhe

Forum used for submitting new applications for characters on Requiem.

Moderator: Gatekeeper

Fletcher
Fresh Meat
Character: T'karal Ruhe

Character Application - T'karal Ruhe

Post by Fletcher » March 10th, 2024, 6:48 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
N/A

How did you hear about Requiem?
I had stumbled across it here and there over the years, but never fully committed to becoming a player.

CHARACTER QUESTIONS
(Please note: Staff is looking for at least three lore references in your application when reviewing.)

What will your character’s name be?
T'karal Ruhe - 'TK'

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

'TK' is 28, standing 6'4", bright eyed, with dark curly hair, kept relatively short. He is "handsome," or so he was told his entire life, by those whom he interacted. You can tell he is not shy of dirt,
woods, caves, whatever the day brings. Upon further inspection, you can see the strength in his hands, and the solidity of his arms and shoulders. He is an imposing presence, though, somehow
not menacing in the least bit.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

'TK' is motivated by a drive to assist those around him, and to further the strength of community of society. He is a contributor, and realizes that everyone has a duty, a commitment,
to the survival and upturn of humanity. He also realizes, that one's ability to help others hinges directly on one's ability to help himself. 'TK' has hope and desire of creating a beacon
of hope to those in need, a shelter, a place to come together to assist eachother.

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history. This does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:

'T'karal's past is a relatively simple affair. The "local" helper, the one always eager to help those around him, whether it was fighting wolves, mending a fence, or sampling a delicious meal.
He has always been large and strong, even from a young age. He worked tirelessly, naturally following in the footsteps of a local adventurer, who provided a bit of a father figure after
his birth father was lost to sickness.

Please write a few short paragraphs of an in-character response to the following scenario:

'TK' stands before the enormous outpost. He can hardly believe he has made it this far, not that he doubted himself, just that after everything that had happened, he had actually followed through with his plans to come this way. Part of him would have been content, staying behind to look after his mother's things when she passed. Maybe, he could have followed in Jorn's footsteps, and kept the village safe from wolves, bandits and the likes. No, he knew inside there was something more fulfilling calling to him. T'karal became nervous, realizing the "officialness" of everything happening before him. He didn't have much experience with people like this, official types. Would he get by on strength and a smile alone? Would they accept the makeshift package he brought along? Surely, they would recognize what he could contribute to the effort?

Finally it was his turn, and following the instructions provided by those more experienced than he, emboldening himself with false bravado, 'TK' handed the makeshift papers, small pouch of coin, and a hastily written reference letter from the leader of his village..

"I've come to help, in whatever way necessary.. I'm sure you will see everything is in order. My back is strong, and my mind is sharp." TK says as he adjusts his gear, "Which car shall I board?"

Once you have completed this application, please post your responses within the Character Application Board, located here. Thank you!

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Character Application - T'karal Ruhe

Post by Coty » March 11th, 2024, 1:24 am

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!