December: Development Update, Patchnotes, and the Final Stretch!

Announcements, updates and news concerning the Requiem project.
Sic
Aeolian Staff
Character: Isidor Abendroth

December: Development Update, Patchnotes, and the Final Stretch!

Post by Sic » December 27th, 2020, 4:55 pm

Hello Requiemites! It is officially post-holiday season around here, so we are now ramping back up our development efforts for Requiem: Act VI.

I am happy to share with you all that we have knocked out a huge portion of development in December. Following the finishing of one last portion of the new Faction system, we will be putting to a halt main development of our launch build of Requiem: Act VI, and transitioning 100% to launch preparation.

This marks a significant change in our development, and an exciting one at that. With our transition to launch prep, expect to see the following changes:

- No new major feature development.
- No major development of mechanical/programming aspects outside that of things directly related to character creation, atmospheric programming support of in-game development.
- Transition of programming team to in-game development support.
- Transformation of entire team to in-game development (spawn finishing, decoration finishing, etc.)
- Release of more launch-centric lore.
- Opening of Applications for Players.
- Opening of Applications for Factions.
- Announcement of player-help rewards for Content and Testing Team members.
- Discord ticket bot implementation and creation of player support resources.

Thanks to our awesome co-admin Rubi, we have furthermore completed a full system merge into a super-fast, super-beefy 100% dedicated machine. This new hardware is amazingly fast and so ridiculously overpowered for what we're doing it should be criminal. This era of Requiem will be something truly awesome to experience thanks to Rubi!

The Final Stretch

We expect this transformation from active development of our project to launch preparation status to occur within the next one to two weeks once the last elements of the Faction system have been implemented and working accordingly (Crime and Punishment system), which will coincide with the first of the month. Additionally, we have two or three major content updates left to get implemented into our files and mechanics (new Avatar system, bodyvalue art, etc.).

Once our entire team has made the transition from active development to launch support and preparation, we will be choosing a date in (hopefully early) February to begin what will become to known as our Prelude portion of Act VI. This portion of release will consist of a few days that players will be able to get in-game and in-client, get set up, get their characters made and approved before being unleashed into the game world. We will have NUMEROUS more details about this at a later time.

AS A REMINDER: All of these plans hinge around our staff's ability to finish our intended pre-launch in-game development goals. We have been aggressively seeking out new talent to assist us in some of the more meticulous avenues of development (DECORATING) with limited success, of which has contributed to a shortfall in what tasks have been completed thus far in parallel to our programming development. Furthermore, these plans hinge on our staff's ability to physically be present for launch - organizing good days off and times is hard, and everyone deserves to be present for the big day! I would love to be able to point to a specific day in February right now and say this is when we're opening 100% for sure, but for now, these plans remain tentative.

Review Our Progress!

As a final note, I've taken to attempting to update the Act VI patch notes the best I can. We have a massive amount of changes, additions and updates, to include a new, fully customized client based off of ClassicUO, a streamlined auto-patching system, a 100% fully updated and revised GUI for launch, and tons more stuff I'm already forgetting. As to help satiate some of you, I've gone through and added what work we've done generally speaking. Our co-admin Rex has not been able to update this list yet, so be ready for some massive updates from him as well.

The late Act V to Act VI changelog can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dq2 ... sp=sharing