Dropped Tool Uses - only 1-2?

Resolved, closed or solved reported bugs.
Meowakin
Character: Elsea Hunter

Dropped Tool Uses - only 1-2?

Post by Meowakin » May 4th, 2021, 9:55 pm

I know that uses on tools dropped by NPCs were intentionally decreased, but so far they all seem to have only 1-2 uses remaining. Was it intended to be by that much? Definitely not worth picking them up now.

Meowakin
Character: Elsea Hunter

Re: Dropped Tool Uses - only 1-2?

Post by Meowakin » May 6th, 2021, 1:57 pm

I might get a little hate for bringing this tangent up, but if it's intended that we can't get useful tools from mobs, then the alchemy tools that you can loot from pagan circles may need to be reviewed. But it would be cool if there were similar lootable nodes that gave other tools in other regions (unless there already are).

Kent
Character: Requiescat In Pace

Post by Kent » May 6th, 2021, 4:54 pm

Meowakin wrote: May 4th, 2021, 9:55 pm I know that uses on tools dropped by NPCs were intentionally decreased, but so far they all seem to have only 1-2 uses remaining. Was it intended to be by that much? Definitely not worth picking them up now.
I've noticed this as well and it seems balanced to me. Why are tools in the loot table at all? Your average warrior-type character currently only has one dependency - blacksmiths, possibly tailor(repair deeds only after your initial exceptional equipment is on hand, then for EO/MW equipment as time goes on). Most mobs drop food, beverages (or the dungeons contain them themselves in the form of mushrooms/clean water) The acquisition of crafting tools as well as copper, animus, and skill-gains from fighting/skinning and associated animus gains from skinning as well! Especially considering you get 100% free skill cap towards a harvesting skill is ludicrous to me.

Killing mobs is very rewarding without the added reward of free tools.

maldonado
Aeolian Staff
Character:

Post by maldonado » May 14th, 2021, 7:42 pm

Intended change