Application of Aku Botwe

OOC board archives from Act V forums.
SeminoleScam
Character: TBD

Application of Aku Botwe

Post by SeminoleScam » February 5th, 2019, 1:34 am

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played: Yes, this Act as it stands. I've played Cirdan Llyr, along with Riodhr.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
Dungeons and Dragons, World of Warcraft RP, and Forum Based Roleplay Settings.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
I'm enjoying my experience thus far, and would like to try something new perhaps.

What will your character’s name be?:
Aku Botwe

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Aku is in his late 20s and looks to be a rather tough and sturdy figure. His bronze skin and woolen hair denote him as no doubt a Western born soul. Eyes of a drab green hue burn with a intensity beneath a constantly knitted brow. His lips are full and thick, with a thick mane of hair framing them in the form of a beard. His body is covered head to toe in markings and tattoos, clearly a tribal practice, but they seem to have a very Decusian architecture inspiration.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

To return the colors of a fallen friend home.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):

Aku is a former soldier of the Republican Legion, spending many of his years within the rank and file of the massive holy army. During his time on the front lines in the Western wars against the Resolve and their sympathizers, Botwe was selected to move to a more clandestine cohort operating out of the Godspine Mountains. Tasked with reconnaissance and mountain patrols, Aku began to develop his bush-craft skills along with his abilities to track individuals in the snow and across some of the more difficult to navigate terrain.

On his final Operation, Botwe was injured, and many of his cohort were slaughtered in a multi sided ambush hatched by Resolvist sympathizers and hired swords out of a nearby criminal settlement. Botwe was able to escape, however, many of his friends had become victims to the carnage of war; where Aku found himself discharged with a series of injuries that would still linger on today, he would at least still lay claim to his own soul. Unlike his friends.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

Aku looked to the man as he presses the issue about needing a visa. With a thick accent from the West, Botwe finally speaks up to the officiant: "Ser, I wont plead with you on this, but as one who knows the importance of wearing ones colors and the camaraderie in which we brave few share beneath the crimson and gold, I think you owe me this."

Aku, doffing his backpack, pulls out a folded cloak of Republic red and offers it over to the Officiant and his fellow guards to inspect. "I've done my own time in, and I promised, that if I made it out alive that fateful day, I would see my brother's colors returned to his home in Tor. This I swear I shall do, with or without your blessing." Taking the cloak back he folds it up in a methodical, almost ritualistic fashion and stows it away once more in his haversack. "My name is Aku Botwe, I've served this Venerable Republic, now I ask it serve me the papers I need to do what I must. If not for me, then for the fallen."

Scarlet
Character: Ellie Andrews

Re: Application of Aku Botwe

Post by Scarlet » February 5th, 2019, 3:52 pm

The officiant deliberates for a long moment, rubbing idly at a zit on his cheek. "I'm not sure I like your implications with that...'with or without your blessing' nonsense." He lets his hand fall to his side, and squares his shoulders, leaning forward threateningly as his voice goes deadly calm. "Let me make this perfectly clear to you. I AM the power here, not you. Doubly not when you have no recommendations, and are not sent here by someone important to me. That being said: you may not have my 'blessing' to enter here. I will not, however, disrespect the dead, as you have disrespected authority here. I will let you past for the sake of your brother in arms. When you get yourself killed, I will be all too happy to put a blade into your corpse and return your maggots to the flame." He snaps his fingers, and on cue, Thomas steps forward, and roughly passes the other man through the checkpoint and into the province.

Approved