The Street Rat

OOC board archives from Act V forums.
Bright
Fresh Meat
Character: Mote

The Street Rat

Post by Bright » February 8th, 2019, 3:00 am

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played: Yes, I played Mote previously

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
Roleplaying on many MMOs and UO Shards including TLEA, Dark Ages, and Requiem, previously.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?:
I wish to rejoin old friends and the dark survival horror of Requiem to have a good time roleplaying, after a long absence.

What will your character’s name be?: 'Mote'

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
Mote is 22 years old. She's very short (about 5'4) and very lithe. She's only mildly attractive, and has sharp, angular features and hawkish eyes. She was formerly a brunette, but took to dying her hair red at the urging of a friend. She has some faint scarring from cuts on her face and hands but not much.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
Mote accompanied her bestfriend/adoptive sister, Niamh Valfear, on her noble mission to help reclaim the First Province, though Mote herself has more selfish reasons (profit and to look out for half-blind and clumsy Niamh). She did come to care about various people helping reclaim the province, though, and that became further motivation to stay when things got hard.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):
Mote is, or was, a street rat through and through. She looked after Niamh and herself on the streets and as part of a small street gang, learned a lot about the shady underbelly of life in the slums of Tor. She's a skilled thief, and depending on her current whims, can be a talented fencer or archer.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:
"Hey there, guy." Mote would say, sauntering up to the officiant, with papers forged by her own handand some gold nested inside the folded documents. "Been some time since I passed this way. You see Knives lately? Niamh Valfear? Poor thing's been waiting on me for a while now." She'd then hand over the documents with a mischievous grin. "The people around here would never get on for very long without me to be there for them. They even have problems staying alive when I -am- around, let alone the crap what happens when I ain't. Anyway, make sure you buy you and yours a round and toast the brave heroes in the province for it."

Scarlet
Character: Ellie Andrews

Re: The Street Rat

Post by Scarlet » February 8th, 2019, 2:58 pm

The officiant gives her a good looking up and down. He seems mildly interested for a moment, before someone else further down the line catches his attention. "Haven't seen her lass. Wouldn't really care if I had. Off with you, then." He waves her through with little ceremony.

Accepted