William Sturm

OOC board archives from Act V forums.
William
Fresh Meat
Character: William Sturm

William Sturm

Post by William » February 13th, 2019, 12:19 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played: No, but I'm excited to try it out.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two: Numerous pen and paper RPGS, forum RPs, a number of different RP servers over many different games.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?: I've always been fascinated by survival horror as a genre. It seems like a strong community with good writers, so I expect some good role-play is ahead of me.

What will your character’s name be?: William Sturm

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features: The first thing that might strike a stranger about William Sturm is his glacial stare. Cold blue pupils like flecks of ice left to melt in his hawkish gaze. His hair is a pale, washed out blonde which he keeps trimmed short. His facial hair is equally tidy, which only lends itself further to his stiff, orderly demeanor. Gaunt, lanky and pale he stands at roughly 6'3. Young for someone with such a dour disposition, the sullen young man seems to be in his mid twenties. His black boots are polished to a mirror like sheen, which is juxtaposed starkly against the tattered green robes of a woodsman. A clash of crisp well maintained leather and dirty unkempt green garments.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province: William journeyed to First Province to study the afflicted and how The Torment effects people first hand. I would liken his fascination to a diver exploring a sunken ship. The diver knows that a rotted deck could easily collapse and kill him, but the danger is part of what drew him in in the first place. That and the potential for sunken treasure. But while the diver seeks riches, William searches for rewards that are a little less literal. The son of a doctor, he yearns to gather information that might aide in the beginnings of a cure. Futile, many said: perhaps even madness. But looking at the scale of the damage the Torment has done, he feels he doesn't have a choice. A crusade that will likely never be fulfilled, but one he feels obligated to take. It is a plague unlike any other, one that at the mere mention invokes feelings of sorrow and terror.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret): Through out William's "career" his eccentricities have always brought the validity of his discoveries into question. I really want to play with the idea that it's unclear rather or not he's making actual progress in his research or is simply mentally ill.

William enters with his head held high and his nose upturned, his icy blue glare darting around anxiously from one legionnaire to the next. A small corncob pipe hangs smoldering out of the corner of his mouth, emitting the earthy scent of home grown tobacco. He's curt, offering no greeting save the extended quarantine visa: which upon closer inspection would begin giving all the familiar hallmarks of a forgery. He removes a coin pouch from with in his sleeve and slides it atop the waxen parchment, giving it a subtle tap to quietly draw the official's attention. " Everything seems to be in order, yes?" He tucked the bribe under once he was sure it had been spotted, insuring he wouldn't draw any unneeded attention in a botched hand off. He could feel sweat collecting in his gloves, the steady thump of a quickening heartbeat. His lips drew tightly together as he awaited the man's reply.

Galryth Winterborn
Character: Galryth Winterborn

Re: William Sturm

Post by Galryth Winterborn » February 13th, 2019, 6:47 pm

The man looks up, taking the pouch and piece of parchment, taking in the figure before him, and waving the pipe's smoke out of his face with annoyance.

"Your a tall fellow ain't ya? Couldn't get one of these legitly? Bah...doesn't matter to me none." The guard retorts, tucking the bag somewhere underneath his cuirass out of sight. "More for me then...yes everything is "in order".

He waves the man in with a lazy motion and goes back to the line.

APPROVED!