Huon Ter

RP-related board archives from Act V forums.
Huon Ter
Character: Huon Ter

Huon Ter

Post by Huon Ter » March 8th, 2019, 1:56 pm

The West 1320

*Many hundreds of moons ago in the western territories of Vitaveus, within the forests north of Prodai, sounds of running can be heard and moments later a different wave of disturbance follows through.*

The young rogue miscalculated a step and fell to the ground, hitting his knee on a small unearthed rock, enough to lash out an unstoppable scream, red flagging his position to the light beast closing behind. Death was surely on his doorstep. A sharp whistle halted the wolf two inches close, though not preventing his saliva in its motion hitting the boy's face. He whimpered... foreseeing the ripped flesh acute pain in the following moments and closed his eyes... The wolf relaxed and cleaned the rest of his drool with his tongue, then remained still - eyes fixed on the target, waiting.

A figure on light footsteps came running after and paused to gather his breath. A dark tanned man revealed himself by lighting a torch and taking his head scarf off.

Anarchy has fallen upon these lands. A constrained reckoning was shared - a thought - with the immediate surroundings and the wolf seemed to nod, liking his muzzle another time.

"Give it back. What you took does not belong to me, I can not have you take it." The defenseless kid quickly threw over a small bag and a whisper sounded - a strong wind passing through tree leaves - to which the man replied with a stern No!, as he grabbed the flying bag in its arc describing movement. The wolf turned and showed a hint of his sharp left fang directing his black gaze to the human. This one cannot be saved. The darkness in those eyeballs gained a soft sheen revealing its depth - "No wait!" - and right after followed a white spark coupled with a muted sound of death.

The man aged a little more by means of a new wrinkle in his body, connecting a pattern started not long ago; anger permeated his mind for not controlling everything around him. Why did that kid have to cross my way? Our way. Everyone. With the passing years the questions would stop and his darkened face would start showing resignation and only much much later would he accept and finally embrace.

The beast proceeded to leave his marks on the dead body, pretending something natural happened, before moving away from the scene, back onto its track - a path set eons ago. Dragged or following, the man went along.

[edit: added title & year]

Huon Ter

Re: Huon Ter

Post by Huon Ter » April 1st, 2019, 9:07 pm

The First Provinces
The Checkpoint Outpost 1345

The arrival was not auspicious. Two pools of green hue with a body floating inanimate greeted the western hailing man upon finally reaching the outside of the Godspine Mountains. This can't be worse than back home, he thought... At least the trash had been piled by the corners of this checkpoint outpost and it seems medical assistance is being provided to those most injured. This can be better.

Next to the officiant in charge, a red robed doctor had its head completely covered with a mask breathing through two tubes connected to its back. The technology, ah yes! The Torment and its devastating effects lasting for two generations now, implied new solutions to the current problems. Huon lost track of time fixated on the red robed apothecary doctor treating his patients, behind a piece of engineering, with monstrous looking nostrils, seemingly safer. "Sterile masks they call it!", grunted the officiant, visibly mad for being kept waiting for a while now! "State your business!"

He walks up carrying a bag in his hand; as he approaches the officiant a potato falls from the bag landing at the other man's feet nearly touching his carefully cleaned boots. Quicker than his reaction, Huon swiftly reaches for a piece of cloth and reveals a wrinkle in his neck, half a thumb, when he leans down to wipe the imaginary dirty spot. As he gets up he apologizes for his clumsiness. "Pardon my manners. I am a servant to the Republic hailing from the West, and I notice many come from there escaping the infectious disease. I wouldn't tell you what I've seen... - the old look on the man's eyes seem to reveal a soft sheen (or maybe you are just tired of your long day's work) - "... but it isn't good. Now let me serve this province with a good willing laborer such as myself, experienced in providing that which is needed the most! Why? Potatoes of course! Now if you don't mind I have much to attend to."
He hands the officiant the bag of three or four small potatoes, tasty ones.

--

"The officiant deftly catches the bag, disinterest showing in his expression as he drops it onto Thomas's foot, and wipes his hand on his leg.
"Decus save me from these legions of fools and idiots."
He mutters under his breath, giving the man before him a stern looking over.
"No doubt you will be tending your potatoes by letting their roots bury deep into your miserable corpse. You may pass if you you feel you must, but it would be in your best interests to rethink that course of action."
Thomas gives the officiant a look of mild surprise, seeming to take exception to the "kind" advice.
"Well, go on before I change my mind, Potato Fodder!"
The surprised expression turns to a smirk as Thomas mumbles something about a wager involving potatoes. As Huon Ter goes on his way, one potato whizzes past his ear. The next hits his shoulder. A third connects with the back of his head, triggering an angry exclamation, followed by a loud guffaw."

--
The randomness of Huon's actions had not been without a purpose. Suggesting a clumsy and fool-hearted figure to the authorities in the First Province - starting from this grunt of a guard - was planned, and not only he managed to not reveal anything that might have confused matters, he also recovered his tasty potatoes. A roast was on his mind for later.

Huon Ter

Re: Huon Ter

Post by Huon Ter » April 1st, 2019, 9:12 pm

The West 1296

In the south western territories of Vitaveus, where the vast jungle that is Sulastas meets the raging Tempest Ocean, a constant storm is re played throughout the times, washing and cleansing its few but steadfast sea bonded inhabitants. Until the Torment erupted that is.

When compared to the bulk of the Sulastain slave society that had long ago settled in between the Godspine faults and then bowed to the Republic might when the Reckoning came -, the western most Sulastains were a tiny minority still holding to many of the old ways, living in spread out pockets within the deep thick jungle, closer to the ocean, consisting almost entirely of hunters and gatherers which rarely needed trading with the inner land, for the richness of resources of Vitaveus was highly concentrated in the Sulastain jungle.

They lived a simple and self disciplined solitary life, grouping together several times a year for ceremonial occasions, the most important of which the birth of a new child, or to be more exact, on the second moon after said child birth. By this day the whole community had had time to assemble to welcome the newcomer.

On the sunrise of the 9th of Chilldawn 1296 an infant wakes up on a bedroll inside a dismountable conical tent, set out a few hours from the Sulastas shores. Outside, the people await, and a table has been encircled with every sort of offerings covering all living and dead things present in the Sulastas jungle, from flowers and herbs to animal remains, hides, fur and gems, each goodie with its own meaning, words from a distant language, passed on through generations.

He is graciously carried out by three older children and given to the father elder which lays the newborn with utmost care on the pre arranged wood table. With a needle the master artisan punctures the newborn's nose and inserts a small wood ornament, which after a gentle stroke from the old man, cracks a tiny sphere inside releasing a blue gas sending the young being into a deep sleep.

Huon... A voice speaks.