Liam's Application

RP-related board archives from Act V forums.
LiamD
Fresh Meat
Character: Liam Decuske

Liam's Application

Post by LiamD » March 15th, 2019, 12:17 am

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
No, this is my first application and first interaction with Requiem.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
Tabletop RPGs, Live Action RP, and I use to play on Ultima Online RP shard back around 2008.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
You seem like an active shard with a strict RP policy and well-developed lore which is hard to find. I’ve had great experiences and a lot of fun with UO RP shards in the past and hoping to relive some of that.

What will your character’s name be?:

Liam Decuske

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
Liam is an older man in his late 60s. He is a tall and gangly individual with grey hair in a tonsure cut and a crooked nose.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
Liam is a scholar and historian who has dedicated his life to the study and spreading of the teachings of Decus. Liam seeks out and studies religious artifacts and tomes ranging from the divine to the depraved. He believes that through these items and lessons he can find a path to divinity that would imbue one with a celestial power to bring an end to the plague. He hopes to find that path and that person here.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):
Liam served most of his young adult life as a Templar in the Church. With age, he transitioned into a scholarly role learning medicine to treat the injured and as a researcher who accompanied the Church on expeditions and excavations of religious items.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:
Liam approaches the Officiant and pleads his case.

“I am here as a Disciple of Decus searching for knowledge and artifacts that might help put an end to the plague. If you have sick, I will try to heal them. If you have injured I will try to mend them. I will comfort the downtrodden and give the fallen a proper burial.”

Liam coughs hard into his hand. A spatter of blood hits his palm. He looks at it and then at the official.

“I’ve always found a morbid humor in it. You spend your whole life studying a plague that lets the dead walk around, only to realize that so many other illnesses do the same thing, just in their own time and way.”

He wipes the hand on his robe leaving a red streak, one of many that contrast with the light colored robes.

“Will you humor an old man’s quest?”

Galg
Character: Galgarious

Re: Liam's Application

Post by Galg » March 15th, 2019, 12:28 pm

The man snorts, and looks up with a stoic face. His eyes narrow as his eyebrows slide into diagonals of slight anger, ruining the calm he had.

"You find humor in the situation at hand do you?" He replies coldly. "I will find humor in the pyre they will light under you before long. Maybe then we will all have a laugh. Have them use this to start it."

He tosses the Visa back to the man and cocks his head once, hard, towards the gate signifying you've been...

APPROVED!