Order in the Fort - Bureaucracy at its finest

RP-related board archives from Act V forums.
Undying
Character: UNK

Order in the Fort - Bureaucracy at its finest

Post by Undying » March 16th, 2019, 12:05 pm

Oryn ducked his head under the door frame, something he had become accustomed to in this Fort, as he made his way back into the offices of the Administrative District. He had traveled quite the distance from Antongrad and yet the smell of the old books and the textural feel of Republic quality paper, even the quaint metallic scent of old ink, made him feel far closer to home.

The guards had simply waved him through, happy that someone else was going to sort through the heaps of reports that had been untouched in recent months and curious why the tall and lanky man seemed so content logging and cataloging the various crimes within the district. None were so curious as to actually stop and question him though; good riddance.

And so Oryn set to work. He had procured a small crate to file away closed warrants and a small ledger to catalog various citizens of interest and the crimes for which they had either already been punished or in a hope to find those that had evaded the swift (albeit not in the case of this Fort) strike of Republic justice.

Several of the reports were simply different perspectives from the various guards involved at the scene of the crime and the state of using conscripts to effectively govern and secure the Fort was readily apparent...quick to brawl, but slow to actually elaborate on the details.

Most of the crimes were petty, some likely resolved as simple misunderstandings between unaware citizens and overzealous (and quite possibly bored) conscripts. As Oryn finished filing away the various charges and reports he left a message with the guard.

"I've f-finished my filings," the tall man said half-confidently. "If you could tell the boss, I think there i-is some way to close the other cases and put a few more coins in the coffers I w-would appreciate it."

Oryn shuffled down the stairs and back to the bar for a nice hot cup of tea before turning in for a long night's sleep.