Assembly Correspondence

In-Character message board for Renatus & Thrupp. Posts made here are considered physical messages upon an in-game message board.

Moderator: Kent

Kent
Character: Requiescat In Pace

Assembly Correspondence

Post by Kent » March 22nd, 2021, 4:13 pm

Copies of this letter are sent to all members of the Teneborough Assembly via courier, sealed with a cerulean wax imprinted with the crest of the Parish of Renatus

[quote]Fellow Assembly Members.

GREETINGS

As most of you have likely already seen, a tribunal has been formed by various factions and groups in the First Province. The members of this tribunal presently are:

The Order of Decus
First Torian "Legion"
The Crimson Circle.
The Parish of de Ravin.
Another party lead by a local investigator.

Seraph Lucian has approached me on this matter and wishes to extend an invitation to the Settlement of Teneborough. He states that we would be given an equitable voting seat on this tribunal, that this tribunal has agree'd to uphold the laws of the republic in NEUTRALterritories. This means that we would be free to continue to enforce our own laws on our own land, as all other parties are. Criminal acts occuring in neutral territories would be brought to this council.

Establishment of recognized borders has not been completed as of yet, and many rules of this tribunal are still being determined, but from my examination of the man's words I believe him to be genuine and I further believe that it would be of great benefit to this settlement to enjoin this Tribunal.

We would be subject to its protection should any party attack our citizens or employees abroad. Additionally, if we were for instance occupied by criminal bandits, this tribunal is obligated to come to a summons for help even within our own borders.

A representative will have to be chosen, and proxies are allowed/encouraged by this Tribunal. If this motion passes, I will temporarily occupy that role, pursuant to my duties as Administrator until the assembly can meet properly and determine who we wish to send as our voter in a more long term sense.

In conclusion, I am of the belief that there is little to risk and much to gain by joining this Tribunal. This agreement is non-binding and if things sour, we may withdraw in the future.

Master Thrupp has arranged for a ballot box to be established in town. Please drop off your vote or send it by courier as soon as possible.

I have the distinct honor to be,
Your Obedient Servant

Khalkeus 'the Younger' Renatus
Administrator, Teneborough.

Kent
Character: Requiescat In Pace

Assembly Absentee Vote: Poll Tax

Post by Kent » April 1st, 2021, 1:19 pm

Copies of this letter are sent to all members of the Teneborough Assembly via courier, sealed with a cerulean wax imprinted with the crest of the Parish of Renatus

[quote]Fellow Assembly Members.

GREETINGS

As we established the budget for the administrative department in our last meeting, to meet this demand and others going forward, I propose a four silver per week poll-tax. This would be paid by all members of Renatus & Thrupp Enterprises. Collection would be automatic from any chartered employee or administrative officer, drafted directly from their bank account. This sum will pay for all of our administrative expenses including payroll for town watchmen and other laborers.

Master Thrupp has arranged for a ballot box to be established in town. Please drop off your vote or send it by courier as soon as possible.

I have the distinct honor to be,
Your Obedient Servant

Khalkeus 'the Younger' Renatus
Administrator, Teneborough.