Faction Verse: Reclamation of Beachside

In-Character message board for the First Torian Legion. Posts made here are considered physical messages upon an in-game message board.

Moderator: silvrfist

Lucien
Character: Lucien

Faction Verse: Reclamation of Beachside

Post by Lucien » February 5th, 2022, 11:25 pm

Reclamation Report for "Beachside" community [1/3]
Phase one: Clean up
Date: 5th of Chilldawn
Outcome: Success
Legatus Lucien Silvercrest [Dictated]

• The First Torian Legion gathered at the entrance to Beachside and began to set up camp.
  • Good attendance, with eight Legion officers overall. Lack of recruit attendance shall be addressed in the near future.
  • After the camp was established, the area was cleared of vermin.
  • Citizen laborers began to arrive and equip themselves with the necessary tools.
  • A short speech was given by Legatus Silvercrest.
  • A days wage of Two [2] silver was paid to all Citizen Laborers in attendance.
  • The Sale of Legion-issued raffle tickets were offered to those in attendance. Silver was collected for future humanitarian efforts.
  • Local reporters for the Foundry paper arrived and observed the clean up from the water via a dinghy.
  • The clean up of Beachside commenced.
  • All non-salvageable materials were collected and incinerated.
Personal Notes:
- It gladdens my heart to see such support from the community and I must say it felt good to see the people working for the benefit of themselves. I wonder if perhaps one day a child will ask how his home came to be, and they will learn of this moment in time. I can't help but feel this is the start of something good. Still, even with these pleasant thoughts, I know I musnt get ahead of myself. As nice as it was to see new faces, it reminded me of the faces that were not present. Those we lost along the way. We must all pray for strength.

-End Report-
Last edited by Lucien on February 5th, 2022, 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucien

Re: Faction Verse: Reclamation of Beachside

Post by Lucien » February 5th, 2022, 11:38 pm

Special Congratulations to The Raffle winner, Marcellus Avenicci. Thank you for your donations and time!
Avi took home a "Torment Survival Kit"!

Lucien

Post by Lucien » October 22nd, 2022, 6:54 pm

Faction Verse: Reclamation of Beachside.
Reclamation Report for "Beachside" community [2/3]
Phase two: Preparation
Date: 29th of Thawmist
All needed components have been collected and stored away safely. Construction to begin shortly.

It was late in the night and the small lantern that clung to the neck of a shaggy pack llama, shed just enough light for Lucien to finish packing away the last of the materials. Lucien tapped the lid of the supply chest and sighed. It had been a long night moving the materials from the Legions store rooms to the small fishing village. He gave a stretch and sent the llama to graze on the loose bits of hay that fell along the way. He lifted himself onto the supply chest and drew a small wooden pipe from his belt as he watched the small bob of light fade off down the sandy paths of "Beachside".

He relaxed some as he drew his legs under himself and lit the pipe, lifting it to his lips and inhaling deeply. Lucien exhaled slowly watching the small cloud of smoke puff out over the framework of what would soon be a functioning village. Again he brought the pipe to his lips and took another long breath. Leaning back to look up to the stars and slowly blew a cloud into the night sky. A small smile touched his lips, the moonlight lit up the smoke as it rose in silvery rolling billows. As his body and mind began to relax, the sky suddenly started to lighten, a reddish yellow hue that clung to the night sky and spread. A wave of confusion washed over him as a familiar warmth flushed his skin. He slowly turned his attention back to the village and confirmed his fears. The settlement of Beachside was burning.

The sounds of crackling wood filled the night as dark plumes of smoke choked off the surrounding area and stung the eyes. Villagers fled their homes clinging to each other and what little belongings they could hold onto. Their eyes filled with terror as walls burnt around them. The wild shrieks of those unlucky enough to be trapped inside briefly pierced the roar of the fire as flame kissed skin. Lucien's mind screamed for action but his body resisted. Lucien's breath deepened and panic began to set in as the madness around him unfolded.

"Calm yourself boy". The calm, cool voice of his mentor broke through the madness and Lucien's muscles relaxed. “This is not reality”. Lucien could hear the soft steps of Toba approach behind him, but his body refused to respond still.

“Why?” Lucien questioned, his eyes watered against the soot that began to fall like ravens feathers. The madness resumed before his eyes as buildings, wrapped in flames toppled, against one another, trapping the northern half of the survivors behind a wall of ruin and fire.

“So that you may accept what is inevitable”. Toba spoke in his usual cool even tones, confidence behind his words as he always had while giving instructions.

Lucien let a small groan slip. “Spare me yer cryptic ramblins’ ol’ man”. Lucien hissed his words between clenched teeth, The anger at seeing his work burn before him already bubbling within him.

A soft sigh sounded behind him and Lucien could imagine the look of silent resignation on the old man's withered, exotic, features. “If you build this, it will fall. Perhaps not soon but in time these walls, like so many others, will fall. likely at the hands of an enemy.” Toba's weight shifted in the sands as he continued. “Remember the reasons for your actions boy, all choices have weight. “

The old man's words faded with his presence leaving Lucien to bear witness to these horrors alone. So many of his hopes for the North were invested in this first structure, seeing it burn before his eyes made his stomach go cold and feel empty.

It wouldn't take long for the flames to finish their work, consuming everything and everyone within. The ash fell in thick chalky flakes like snowfall from above and obscured the scene from the outside. Lucien watched as long as he could before the ash fall blinded him.

Lucien’s eyes slowly opened to the harsh morning sun and the salty taste of his llama's rough tongue licking him awake. His joints ached and his head was pounding. He pushed the shaggy llama aside and attempted to stand but his legs betrayed him. He fell headlong into the sands with soft thud and cast his eyes upwards. There the Village of Beachside stood untouched, ready for labor to begin. Lucien puffed out a deep sigh of relief and slowly collected himself on his haunches, leaning his back against the chest and once again looking out over the soon to be settlement. A small wooden object in the sand next to him caught his attention and Lucien reached out to grasp the hand carved wooden pipe. With some effort he stood looking down to the pipe in his hands and after a brief consideration threw it into the waters before him. Lucien then collected the animal and started his journey back home, his mind deep in thought.

Lucien

Post by Lucien » November 16th, 2022, 8:36 am

Faction Verse: Reclamation of Beachside.
Reclamation Report for "Beachside" community [3/3]
Phase three: Population
Date: 13th of Highharvest

• The first wave of refugees made it to Beachside without issue.
  • The new Beachside residence appeared relieved and satisfied with the housing provided.
  • The celebrations started with a Speech from Legatus Silvercrest.
  • Lady Graelynn of the De Ravine Parish provided a blessing for all in attendance.
  • The festivities kicked of with refreshments provided by Miss Viola Wanderen and Mister Constantine of the meddlers Risk and went on for some hours.

I would like to welcome everyone to Beachside!
I appreciate all of you coming out here today and for being our guests to share on this special day with us.
For today we celebrate the opening of Beachside', and welcome what I hope to be the first of many residents that will call this place home.
I would also like to say thank you. This day would not have come to fruition if not for the hard work and dedication of many of the people here today.
My hope is that this might inspire others to do the same and take back what has been lost to us. I hope that this may also inspire each new resident here to work to make this community what you wish it to be.
A man once said "Without continual growth and progress, such words as' improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning". These lands are what we make them.