A bald man delivers a report to the Legion Tower

In-Character message board for the First Torian Legion. Posts made here are considered physical messages upon an in-game message board.

Moderator: silvrfist

Thes
Character: Marcus Calerus

A bald man delivers a report to the Legion Tower

Post by Thes » April 7th, 2021, 9:56 pm

Fort Praesidium Marketplace Incident

On the 6th of Dewfall of the year 1346,
Legatus, Praefectus, and Priori,

I departed the Fort of the First Torian Legion to gather some supplies. Upon arrival to Fort Praesidium I headed straight to the marketplace to consult with the merchants in search of pigments for the dying of our Legion's cloth. As I navigated the various stalls established within, I noted a gathering around the communal fire pit. Of note were a finely dressed man draped in a blue cloak, the company regarded as a Mr. Renaltus, and a couple individuals clad in rather dark fabrics. Finally, in the canopied section of the marketplace I encountered a young lady clad in paint-splattered robes.

She had agreed to dilute some of her paint for dye pigment if I provided the vinegar. Thankfully, I have been keeping vinegar to remove stains from the Legionnaire uniforms, but I digress.

While I attempted to complete the trade, the conversation of the fire pit gathering began to get heated. Stoked by an individual running into the area from the tavern claiming to have seen "a blond man at the bar." At this point the conversation drowned out my pigment acquisition, with the man in blue immediately stirring to the news. He then went on to note that this was "Mister Jaxon's friend."

It was at this moment a figure in grey robes and the most grizzly of masks entered through the eastern entrance of the structure. This figure quickly headed towards the northeastern room with the blue cloaked man in close pursuit. Entering the structure immediately after was the ex-communicated and Legion-wanted man known as Jaxon Greyhair. Jaxon also entered this northeastern room outside of my view. Not mere moments later, a rather large boom occurred within the structure along with a large wave of heat -- far greater than that produced by the pit or forge -- billowed out of the rooms connected to this northeastern room.

The young lady and myself made a tactical retreat into the public tailoring workspace, taking cover among hides and workstations. I heard the shouts of guards grow and then fade from earshot as individuals expressly exited the structure. After the scene had dispersed I made my way back to our fort to record and deliver this report of the event.
Ex Unitate Vires,
-Immunes Calerus

silvrfist
Character: Vance

Re: A bald man delivers a report to the Legion Tower

Post by silvrfist » April 8th, 2021, 2:34 am

Immunes Calerus,

Thank you for the comprehensive report.

The lawlessness at Fort Praesidium is evident. This is second time in recent weeks, that members of R&T Corporation had taken matters into their own hands in a neutral-Reeve controlled area. You are correct in steering clear from the commotion, as we do not want to be seen taking sides on either party.

Officially, we are commencing trade with R&T in coming days. Until R&T request for our assistance Our orders are to hunt down Jaxon & Valon if they appear on our lands and always with backup as they are considered dangerous.

Rgds,
Legatus Silvercrest.
Ex Unitate Vires,