A Letter Posted to the Door of the Order of Decus's Settlement

In-Character message board for The Order of Decus. Posts made here are considered physical messages upon an in-game message board.

Moderator: Talexis

Dagger
Character: Cecilia Wright

A Letter Posted to the Door of the Order of Decus's Settlement

Post by Dagger » April 5th, 2021, 11:00 pm

*A parchment, folded into three sections, has been stuck into the door of the Order of Decus's Settlement with a sliver of iron. Its addressee is printed on the front of the folded parchment, upon its most outward section: "Seraph Delavious." Its message, once unfolded, appears to have been written in charcoal rather than in ink.*

Fifth Day of Dewfall, 1346
Seraph Delavious,

I have taken note of many proclamations signed by your name around Fort Praesidium that bear a threat against the Banners of the Forsaken, for which the Ap Howell Agency I work with is something of a subsidiary. The Ap Howell Agency serves the First Province through its investigational work. Because discovery is equally pursued by those who are well-intentioned and by those who are ill-intentioned, the good work of the Ap Howell Agency frequently places its members in unfortunate and precarious situations.

Given the reports submitted by a number of mercenary laborers to you of a possible crime committed by one of the members of the Ap Howell Agency, I conducted an independent investigation to determine the veracity of the accounts given by the hired laborers as well as to measure the degree of righteousness or wickedness to be found in the accused man. It seems that the greatest treachery is the work of a third party that will serve to bring ruin to many more than our Ap Howell Agency or Order of Decus may ever reach with a rift driven between our people, a likely goal in the whole of this terrible situation we find ourselves in. This investigation has brought far more to light than anticipated, and I would like to share my discoveries with you.

Please meet me tonight, on this fifth day of Dewfall, at Fort Praesidium's cathedral so that we can speak.

Samara

Drucilla
Character: Mirana

Re: A Letter Posted to the Door of the Order of Decus's Settlement

Post by Drucilla » April 6th, 2021, 1:30 pm

Seeing yet another notice pinned to the wall, Josephine pulls it down. "There really should be some sort of box out here for mail to go in..." She mutters, carrying the letter inside to deliver it to the Seraph's desk.