Let us discuss loot

General discussions concerning the world of Requiem and the community.
Wormwood
Character: Jakell Wormwood

Re: Let us discuss loot

Post by Wormwood » May 21st, 2024, 11:52 am

If there are gun wielding npcs it would be super wonderful if they could have the chance at dropping a small amount of each type of firearm powder.

Like how the highwaymen do bolts and the ratmen do arrows.

That would certainly get people hunting those MOBS and you'd maybe see more people trying out/picking up firearms.

Dach
Character: Maddox Thorne

Post by Dach » May 24th, 2024, 5:28 pm

I like Wormwood idea for "small" amount of powder, it make sense...

but highwaymen aren't a good example of how to do this kind of thing... they gave way too much bolts...

Like one run of the 2 bridges give you something like 300 bolts... :roll:

Wormwood
Character: Jakell Wormwood

Post by Wormwood » May 26th, 2024, 10:19 am

Yeah, obviously that would likely be way to much. I have never killed the highway man, just know that they dropped.

Sylvi Iramdottir
Character: Thalia Cirillo

Post by Sylvi Iramdottir » May 26th, 2024, 10:23 pm

maldonado wrote: May 20th, 2024, 11:09 pm Okay so let me reiterate what I am looking for..........Do loot tables need changed, coin drops too much, recipes not enough, rare drops need buffed or nerfed, like what do you see that feels off? What do you think I should look at or think about adding? Ultimately I can't follow a huge thread of debate, just your personal opinion on your feelings. Please try not to debate against how someone else feels. In the end, I am going to go the direction I see best fitting the direction we are going for on a design level.
Coins do NOT drop too much, in fact imo they don't drop enough. For instance one rare monster The Amalgamated Horror drops absolutely nothing while being nearly as strong as a boss just with a regular hp pool. When killed it "splits apart in all directions" while immersive and cool- still can't even skin it. You could kill 5 Elder eyeless and get 0 coins, a common debate is "monsters also have a skinning loot table", by this logic I would just hunt skittering hoppers at zero personal risk to my character rather than a high-mid tier red mob.

The basic logic is this- risk, durability loss, travel time. How much risk is a mob to me, is it worth taking that risk? The cost of item durability loss- can be massively offset by certain factors like perks in the parry tree. And traveling to the destination and back.

Let me put it this way- I spent about a year on my character before she was viable for more intense exploration and hunting, then come to spend an hour to two hours fighting a specific mob- and generally I get less than I did fighting in the basic areas. I could hunt- Spectral Ill, Eldra Ilin, Elder eyeless (broodmothers included), revanants and Orda's, All of which are not basic mobs- they didn't have any special (besides the elder eyeless and broodmothers) skinning loot either.

This is my problem with PVE and why I feel the world is always empty- there's no reason to hunt down these mobs- so why even go out there- just maintain a Aiwella, Ashwalkers, Eyeless loop. Despite these being our only three viable hunting spots I still rarely find people in them. Which tells me-personally that PVE is an underutilized part of the the entire game. I say this from the standpoint of playing at varied times, in varied locations, over a long period of time. With the understanding that player numbers go up and down.

Apologies if my overall tone seems negative. I'm still here and still love the setting- I also strongly believe that improving this aspect of the game will have heavy positive impact. For one I would personally like to more rp happen spontaneously in the wild areas of the map.

PS!: I forgot about the Ooks!! Those shits will mob and snipe you and drop NOTHING REEEE after all it takes to reach them-nothing!!

Sylvi Iramdottir
Character: Thalia Cirillo

Post by Sylvi Iramdottir » May 26th, 2024, 10:54 pm

Another major concern that I have is how little coin drops are when considering that it's so heavily encouraged to travel in groups.

It's a major reason I don't- for one I don't want to rush for loot, for two I don't want to split already meagre pickings.

Those are your two options for group looting.

--------------------------

What I'd like to see: Bosses should drop 50 silver to a gold. Special consumable items from bosses like maybe good drugs that won't OD you(lol), temporary stat boosts, Power scroll increases skillcap by 1%.

Perhaps Bosses could very rarely drop specific epic recipes that are highly desirable, such as Offhand pistol, or Republic belt.

maldonado
Aeolian Staff
Character:

Post by maldonado » May 27th, 2024, 2:42 am

Wormwood wrote: May 21st, 2024, 11:52 am If there are gun wielding npcs it would be super wonderful if they could have the chance at dropping a small amount of each type of firearm powder.

Like how the highwaymen do bolts and the ratmen do arrows.

That would certainly get people hunting those MOBS and you'd maybe see more people trying out/picking up firearms.
Good idea, I will put it on the list. Thank you

maldonado
Aeolian Staff
Character:

Post by maldonado » May 27th, 2024, 2:54 am

Sylvi Iramdottir wrote: May 26th, 2024, 10:23 pm
maldonado wrote: May 20th, 2024, 11:09 pm Okay so let me reiterate what I am looking for..........Do loot tables need changed, coin drops too much, recipes not enough, rare drops need buffed or nerfed, like what do you see that feels off? What do you think I should look at or think about adding? Ultimately I can't follow a huge thread of debate, just your personal opinion on your feelings. Please try not to debate against how someone else feels. In the end, I am going to go the direction I see best fitting the direction we are going for on a design level.
Coins do NOT drop too much, in fact imo they don't drop enough. For instance one rare monster The Amalgamated Horror drops absolutely nothing while being nearly as strong as a boss just with a regular hp pool. When killed it "splits apart in all directions" while immersive and cool- still can't even skin it. You could kill 5 Elder eyeless and get 0 coins, a common debate is "monsters also have a skinning loot table", by this logic I would just hunt skittering hoppers at zero personal risk to my character rather than a high-mid tier red mob.

The basic logic is this- risk, durability loss, travel time. How much risk is a mob to me, is it worth taking that risk? The cost of item durability loss- can be massively offset by certain factors like perks in the parry tree. And traveling to the destination and back.

Let me put it this way- I spent about a year on my character before she was viable for more intense exploration and hunting, then come to spend an hour to two hours fighting a specific mob- and generally I get less than I did fighting in the basic areas. I could hunt- Spectral Ill, Eldra Ilin, Elder eyeless (broodmothers included), revanants and Orda's, All of which are not basic mobs- they didn't have any special (besides the elder eyeless and broodmothers) skinning loot either.

This is my problem with PVE and why I feel the world is always empty- there's no reason to hunt down these mobs- so why even go out there- just maintain a Aiwella, Ashwalkers, Eyeless loop. Despite these being our only three viable hunting spots I still rarely find people in them. Which tells me-personally that PVE is an underutilized part of the the entire game. I say this from the standpoint of playing at varied times, in varied locations, over a long period of time. With the understanding that player numbers go up and down.

Apologies if my overall tone seems negative. I'm still here and still love the setting- I also strongly believe that improving this aspect of the game will have heavy positive impact. For one I would personally like to more rp happen spontaneously in the wild areas of the map.

PS!: I forgot about the Ooks!! Those shits will mob and snipe you and drop NOTHING REEEE after all it takes to reach them-nothing!!

Talking about horror with Rex now, I may change it cause you make a good point. Debating it. As for other coin drops I will do some entry research on what you listed and get back to you. Looking at some things initially I will be making a few adjustments including lootpacks themselves for coins.

maldonado
Aeolian Staff
Character:

Post by maldonado » May 27th, 2024, 3:01 am

Dach wrote: May 19th, 2024, 10:48 pm Same as Drowking, rune fragment or runes...

A new mage can't even get access to runes by himself.

but this isn't only about PV. More about the base of the system itself.

My opinion is fighter main loot is coins, then secondary resources that crafter need and lastly and very rarely completed crafting items.

One of the worst example I can show that currently exist is cure potion, by killing certain mob you can farm cure potions. Not lesser cure potions... straight CURE POTIONS... and these drop like 100% of the time. WHY?

Recipe are in the same boat for me, I consider recipe fully crafted item from researcher... fighter shouldnt be the MAIN source of these.

Good example was food and drink... Rex nerfed them and I'm glad he did. (even think he went a bit too hard on the nerf, but I prefed the current setup than what it was before.)

Hope you get the idea, if you need more precision, i'll be happy to oblige. :)
Magery was never designed to just be a skill you start day 1 and be good at, you usually get a small starter skill and work into it. You aren't going to have the stats, skills, or items in the first week for it to be feasible. Doesn't matter who takes you hunting. Starting as a warrior while molding into it is the simplest thing. Doubt that will be something we ever change.

Ericson
Character: Rikard Luzkin, Marcellus Avenicci,

Post by Ericson » June 1st, 2024, 2:32 pm

There was another shard where certain mobs dropped ultra rare and specific themed deco items,
These items worked exactly how the legacy store items worked, youd get them and theyd serve as a decoration. You could rp their orgins make a museum, or seek out an entire themed collection from mobs, they were not a common drop and only appeared on specific mobs. So it payed to seek out different creatures to see what rare and or ultra rare drop theyd have.

Quanasar Runathag
Character: Quanasar, Luna Torres

Post by Quanasar Runathag » June 13th, 2024, 1:05 am

Hiho,

For building a mage character You need to go A LOT research. I would like to see more places here you can find moriums. Like in aiweella upperground. Most new characters go there after the noobdungeon and the graveyard.

Sp here my suggestion: Make more lowlevel moriums available for the upperground andthe map in total! Sure you can find highlvl moriums there too, but at a low rate (like what youfind now at Pyreisland).

Make more higher level moriiums for the dungeons, so it is more rewarding for the mage and runes are easier to reveal (you need a fuck ton of high lvl moriums for rune magic).

On the side of rune magic. There is only the basics explained at the wiki side. Go a bit deeper, make aan eyxample. I did take months to notice, there you just can put high lvl moriums in your runebook, otherwise it says 'Only the owner can put moriums init' or the like.