Metagaming culture and spoilers

General discussions concerning the world of Requiem and the community.
Voidwards
Character: Sidroth Mortigor

Re: Metagaming culture and spoilers

Post by Voidwards » March 30th, 2021, 4:16 am

I'd also like to thank for everyone's insight on the topic. For the sake of clarity, I'll bullet point some of my conclusions:
  • I've changed the topic's name to better express it's core. I wasn't aware enough of the term "metagaming" which I previously called "Game Talk culture",
  • We're all on the same side: using the OOC information to be abused ingame is a blameworthy practice,
  • Even if we stumble upon some spoilers about other characters, it be still used as a storytelling device and a hookup point, especially if discussed with the player previously,
  • We should keep the spoilers to ourselves if only possible (and let's call spade a spade - it's avoidable in most cases),
    Discovering something ingame is way more satisfying and natural (for most) than having it thrown at one's face, especially when noone is asking for it,
  • IC spoilers are forbidden when using Discord. I don't think that avoiding any of the channels is any solution (why would one resign to have a friendly chat, if spoilers are against the rules anyways?).
  • Reveal the interesting plots, info and twists only to those willing.
NONE SHALL SEE REDEMPTION