Is Fort Praesidium a sanctuary?

General discussions concerning the world of Requiem and the community.
Mektor
Character: Mektor

Is Fort Praesidium a sanctuary?

Post by Mektor » March 30th, 2021, 5:11 pm

Hello,

Just a generic question for the staff following the events in this post : viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1919&sid=73c2c33dc ... 6f3f57ba3c

I don't know if the person was mecanically knocked out or if it was RP'd, but is FP a sanctuary, where people can expect to be safe from players, or is it not? (Notwithstanding theft and the likes.)

Just some ambiguity it'd be nice to have clarified. How safe is FP?

Thank you for your time.

Archin
Character: Archin

Re: Is Fort Praesidium a sanctuary?

Post by Archin » March 30th, 2021, 5:38 pm

Sanctuary areas mean you are safe from Permadeath mechanics in that zone, but you are not safe from responsibility or consequences of the actions you permit outside of said Sanctuary. Getting knocked out and kidnapped outside of the view of guards is a realistic risk should you choose to partake in role-playing actions steeped in conflict. In no way will we ever have a mechanic that completely allows you to evade consequences for your character's actions. Hope that clears it up.

Talexis
Character: Lucian Delavious

Post by Talexis » March 30th, 2021, 5:58 pm

That place isn't safe. People put explosives in their butt. Do not ever think you are safe on Requiem. Just wait until the VIC arrive. I killed the VIC once with my old pagan buddy, the result was a whole forest got burned down with all the pagans inside. The basis of this server is there is a disease that spreads like crazy that turns people into essentially super zombies and I have seen this disease kill everyone and end an act before. I don't know if Tor falling was planned or just what happened as a result of player consequence, either way no where is safe.

millerze
Character: Sadoul

Post by millerze » March 31st, 2021, 6:05 am

The guards get upset about you holding a shield but you walking someone through tied up and screaming is totally OK lol

Azareil
Character: Gryhun Kren

Post by Azareil » March 31st, 2021, 1:52 pm

millerze wrote: March 31st, 2021, 6:05 am The guards get upset about you holding a shield but you walking someone through tied up and screaming is totally OK lol
The guards don't kink shame. We have very progressive guards.

Kent
Character: Requiescat In Pace

Post by Kent » March 31st, 2021, 5:19 pm

Mektor wrote: March 30th, 2021, 5:11 pm Hello,

Just a generic question for the staff following the events in this post : viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1919&sid=73c2c33dc ... 6f3f57ba3c

I don't know if the person was mecanically knocked out or if it was RP'd, but is FP a sanctuary, where people can expect to be safe from players, or is it not? (Notwithstanding theft and the likes.)

Just some ambiguity it'd be nice to have clarified. How safe is FP?

Thank you for your time.
Nope, not safe. Nowhere is safe. The First Province is a spooky place, and the foundry dont give a hoot about no one or no thing but their money

Lans
Character: Koss Brynd, Lugh Arawn, Lans Tan'tare (dead)

Post by Lans » April 28th, 2021, 6:50 pm

Remember, you're always safe -- in your imagination. o: