Bulk Meat: Why bother?

General discussions concerning the world of Requiem and the community.
Meowakin
Character: Elsea Hunter

Bulk Meat: Why bother?

Post by Meowakin » April 1st, 2021, 11:03 pm

With the latest change, it appears that a bulk venison meal requires a whopping FIFTY (50) preserved venison. Preserved venison appears to require 2 venison + 1 salt to make 2 pieces. This means 50 Venison + 25 Salt for a single bulk food crate.

With this change, meat for bulk food crates is now worthless, as the salt is simply too valuable to waste on that process. Our faction NPCs are strictly vegetarian now, folks!

Also, I might be a little salty as meat was a possible income source for me.

Carpenter
Character: Ines Carpintero

Re: Bulk Meat: Why bother?

Post by Carpenter » April 1st, 2021, 11:11 pm

I must agree here. Carrots and corn were already an easier source of bulk food, if one wanted to make some bulk supplies on one's own. Getting meat from a hunter who has combat and skinning skills is an extra step that should make meat preparations easier rather than harder. In addition, you have to spend hours cooking the meat before it can be packed. If one adds salt to the mix, I think it'd be reasonable to reduce the preserved venison requirement closer to 6-8 range. Maybe 10 for ribs.

Domitian
Character: Tacitus Etiam

Post by Domitian » April 2nd, 2021, 12:16 pm

100% Agree. At least currently, salt is not plentiful at all. I have yet to obtain any (need to make Geologist friends, I think), but either way, I would not be willing to spend 25 salt on a Bulk food when I could just use 35 corn (for example). Not that the veggies are super easy to get (I average being able to make one/day personally), but the salt cost alone makes this one non-viable for me.

Additionally, preserved meats are considerably harder to craft, skill-wise.

Shaldemes
Character: Shaldemes Nyrmi

Post by Shaldemes » April 3rd, 2021, 4:43 am

I completely agree with all of the above, im one of the lucky few who has quite a bit of salt in stock. But it already took forever to pack ribs or venison into a food crate ( Around 20-30 min irl per foodcrate )

Right now, one can simply just walk around the field and pick up enough corn to be able to pack a food crate in less than 10 min, Meat has lost most of it's value or interest and it does make suffer the whole skinning ( Which is mostly fort meat and skins ) hunters we have.

Lowering the cost in ribs and venison could be interesting, or making the possibility of simply packing the whole thing ine one click ( X amount of salt X amount of Ribs/Venison ) then BANG no need to cook it one at a time.