Critical role, good source of inspiration for those new to RP.

General discussions concerning the world of Requiem and the community.
Aisha
Character: -=No longer there=-

Critical role, good source of inspiration for those new to RP.

Post by Aisha » April 21st, 2021, 12:51 pm

There is a link for one of his multiple topics. This one aims at social encounters, which is what I think most players could benefit from getting better at. We are all little GMs helping create a nice immersive universe for all to enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNoR-Cc ... om&index=4

Hope you like or discover a goldmine of inspiration and information. It aims for DnD but RP is universal.

TheOriginalFive
Character: Viola Wandren

Re: Critical role, good source of inspiration for those new to RP.

Post by TheOriginalFive » April 21st, 2021, 8:49 pm

I'll check it out.

Carpenter
Character: Ines Carpintero

Re: Critical role, good source of inspiration for those new to RP.

Post by Carpenter » April 21st, 2021, 10:40 pm

Critical Role is definitely good fun.

Here, I feel the main takeaway is to focus on:
  • What is the goal of this social encounter?
  • What do I want? What do I want to avoid?
  • What are my loyalties? --> Is this relationship public or private information?
  • How much information am I willing to share? (+ what does it take to make me divulge information I do not want to share?)
This can be difficult in the heat of the moment, but can be good questions to ask if you are going to approach another character with a goal in mind. You might also want to make intentional slips (with information or your goals). For example, you could decide that your character is afraid, but does not want to show it. You could then work in some subtle signs of agitation and nervousness in your character's actions (and reactions) throughout of the encounter in order to spice things up a bit.