Concerns About New Changes

General discussions concerning the world of Requiem and the community.
Mystery
Character: Daphne Whitestar

Concerns About New Changes

Post by Mystery » May 2nd, 2021, 12:41 pm

[This message has been retracted by the poster.]
Last edited by Mystery on May 2nd, 2021, 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Meowakin
Character: Elsea Hunter

Re: Concerns About New Changes

Post by Meowakin » May 2nd, 2021, 12:59 pm

Can't speak to the stamina issue much yet, as it's still plenty with high dexterity I feel like. I will say, high gathering skill makes a world of difference on stamina consumption. I've also sacrificed a good bit of mana/hp to have mediocre dex/stamina on my mage.

Speaking of mage, I will attest that damage has gone down tremendously. It may be General Arcana is now on par with other Arcanas, but it feels pretty bad. I can barely deal with neopagan converts with the Lightning spell now, since it's essentially three times slower to recast now along with the needed nerf to Static Discharge. I'll keep testing - my only other damage spell is E-Bolt currently and that needs essentially GM+ skill to cast with no fizzle.

It may be that mages just aren't viable solo-hunters until they have a reliable higher level damage spell + a summon or ally frontline and that's the intent, but it's definitely an RNG grind to get the right spells.

Meowakin

Post by Meowakin » May 3rd, 2021, 1:27 pm

Just a bit of an update on my thoughts here relating to general arcana damage: I feel about on par with my archery damage at around 100 tactics + ~75 archery skill without any SWM, though with the added complications that come with casting spells (mana issues, longer pauses when kiting). Which is to say not really great, but maybe reasonable considering my current skill levels (low 80s incanation, mid-high 70s arcana)

Maybe a fair trade for Teleport/Healing, plus not worrying about ammunition?

Kent
Character: Requiescat In Pace

Post by Kent » May 3rd, 2021, 6:34 pm

Meowakin wrote: May 3rd, 2021, 1:27 pm Maybe a fair trade for Teleport/Healing, plus not worrying about ammunition?
Sounds about right to me. The fact that you can magically heal without grit alone is massive.

Meowakin

Post by Meowakin » May 3rd, 2021, 7:35 pm

Kent wrote: May 3rd, 2021, 6:34 pm
Meowakin wrote: May 3rd, 2021, 1:27 pm Maybe a fair trade for Teleport/Healing, plus not worrying about ammunition?
Sounds about right to me. The fact that you can magically heal without grit alone is massive.
Honestly, if I'm relying on kiting, it makes incredibly little difference. If anything I use a bit of grit just to conserve mana on the few things that I actually heal to fight (read: actually face tank). Keeping in mind I don't have a spell-channeling weapon option (or do I?)