The Unofficial Guide to Requiem

General discussions concerning the world of Requiem and the community.
Glimmer
Character: Theo Hanlon

The Unofficial Guide to Requiem

Post by Glimmer » January 30th, 2022, 7:52 pm

Important links for information:

"The answers are out there, Scully! We just have to find them."

Hall of Wisdom - https://www.13thrones.com/wordpress/ind ... lofwisdom/
Wiki - https://www.13thrones.com/wiki/doku.php?id=index

How does one go about the world of Requiem?

The first and most important thing about Requiem is that the world reacts to the players' actions. The excellent staff of Requiem responds to initiative and interaction. They will not hand hold any player in what they should be doing to get things going. Nor should they! Remember that this is entirely voluntary on their part, and they deal with all of the behind-the-scenes situations.

Easy way to get staff attention for plots/verses?

The easiest way to get a reaction from the world of Requiem is the newspaper, The Frontier Herald. It is THE ULTIMATE THING that the NPC's of the world rely on for information. Everyone reads that thing ingame. It doesn't matter if your PC's do not, the NPC's do. So getting something put into the paper is the best way to get a response.

How do you get in touch with Harlow at the paper?

PM her forum account here -> memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=519

The Forums!

The second most accessible way to interact with the world is the forums. Announce your events or your gatherings or showcase what you've been doing. Add [[ooc]] notes to the bottom requesting staff assistance if you need it. It's unnecessary but will be more prominent. If staff is intrigued by your doings, they will interact if they can.

#player_help in Discord is also an excellent resource to see if anyone can offer advice or insight with things you're having trouble with. However, just like the general #requiemuo chat, things will get missed and lost in the ongoing chatter. Keep in mind that while GMs can and do respond to inquiries there, it is more for players to help one another. If it's important, it requires more permanent documentation.

When in doubt, open a ticket!

I know the wording on the tickets is very severe and makes you feel like this shouldn't be a go-to option, but you CAN utilize it. No one will be penalized for opening a ticket. Exceptions are if you're abusing the system, but duh!

The absolute worst thing you can do is try to back-channel anything with any of your fellow players. Staff will not, and should not, respond to back-channeled grievances or requests. You have to bring it to their attention directly if you expect any sort of resolution. Backchanneling will just breed misinformation which could lead to unnecessary drama.

Do I have to be a part of a faction?

No.

However, UO is one of those games where intended or not people will group up together. Factions were created as a response to that, from my understanding. Will a faction seemingly get more interaction than factionless players? It will definitely seem that way, but staff doesn't have the resources to handle everyone's independent desires, especially if they have no clue what those are. It's much easier for a faction to work together with accomplishable goals.

It will feel trickier to get engagement as a factionless player or group. Still, as long as you're actually initiating and putting yourself out there, things will happen. Big brother IS everywhere, and he is definitely watching us. (Creep!)

How do I create/join a faction?

Joining a faction is up to that faction themselves. Some factions actively recruit, while others just want to maintain a status quo. You won't know until you interact with them!

Creating your own faction is by application. viewforum.php?f=31

Once your faction is approved, you will be assigned a staff liaison in your faction channel. They will be able to answer your questions more directly.

Treat the game as if the staff is your old, crotchety math teacher.
Show your work! :lol:

Anyone else who may have good information please feel free to add to this thread. If anyone disagrees with my points, that's okay! I'd only ask we keep the thread free of negativity. :D