Application for Quincy Everhard

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Marlowe
Character: Quincy Everhard

Application for Quincy Everhard

Post by Marlowe » May 20th, 2022, 6:37 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

I did play some Requiem in the past, just can't recall when.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:

Have always been interested in roleplaying, from the age of Hero Quest to Ultima Online in the 2000s. Been playing in shards here and there over the years, still one of the best games for a few hours of immersion.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?

From what I hear and see on the forums, this shard is being continuously updated and is very active with events and new players. I want to be able to develop my character's storyline alongside other people that want to achieve the same goal with theirs.

What will your character’s name be?:

Quincy Everhard.

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Quincy will leave his thirties in a couple years, but the jovial smile practically etched in his chubby face wouldn't betray it so promptly. An auburn moustache overhangs a pretty white dentition, whilst more of a burgundy-toned hair encompasses his head and trickles down to well-trimmed sideburns. A few pounds to spare on the gut area may not impart greatly on Quincy's popularity once he opens his mouth, for a baritone booming voice can be easily considered his greatest asset.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

Quincy has always suffered from what we call "tumbleweed syndrome": never content where he is, always seeking the neighbor's greener pasture. Attracted to large urban settlements and its pitfals, he had always felt more comfortable tossing dice in shadowy alleys in Greatport or by performing card tricks in Aedenshyr's marvelous squares. The Torment's advance on the Midlands had people flocking in droves towards the First Province, and such a contingent was irresistible to him.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):

Originally Quintus Erastus, Quincy was born into the ties of a lesser Prelacy bloodline through his father Aurelius's ancestry. The patriarch was an important notary in their hometown of Chambremon, but had many successful ventures in the neighboring towns, including Coquelicot and d'Abre Cour. In fact, the man was hardly ever home, so he had the attention of his mother Christabella all to himself - and that was damn fine. Things changed in a few years' time, as Quincy noticed they were getting visits from a particular travelling salesman increasingly often, whereas the last time he saw the man Christabella eloped with him to someplace between "goodbye" and "take care". There were soft words and tears from her, but not that many, Quincy appraised.

His father was more at home afterwards, and his great concern was his pride: it was a hard blow to become wifeless without some Decus-forsaken disease to rip his spouse out of his will as opposed to have her taken away by a smelly merchant. The bottle became Aurelius' best companion, and his prior disposition towards his son (which was hardly tolerable) degraded into uncompromised tyranny. Either his son stepped up to inherit the Erastus' blood trade, or...well, there was no alternative. So a backpack and some rations later, 16-year old Quincy hit the road to spend more than two decades becoming craftier in streetwise and earning the day's coin with entertainment and superficial camaraderie.

Briefly write an in-character response to the scenario:

Quincy approaches the customs officer when his turn comes up, but keeps staring to his right instead of opening dialog with him. A bald man almost seven feet tall brings a brown cushioned stool and hands it over to Quincy. "Thanks, dear". Only then he locks his gaze with the officer's, employing a smile rehearsed maybe a thousand times.

"Good afternoon, my good officer. I bet you're tired of interviewing all these people over and over, no breaks in the horizon, so I'll do us both a favor and just slice the cheese, alright?", he leant forward and rested his elbow on the officer's desk.

"I won't bore you with speeches of how valuable I am to society, or how many harts I've skinned. None of that. I'm an entertainer, sir, and that's what I do. I keep people focused on something other than carnage, or deceased invasions, for the span of a couple hours. See, the circus company I previously associated with is also on this line, maybe we'll put up our acts if enough of us go through".

"I'm also a playwright - that's a theater story writer, if you didn't have it top of your head. So we can run some great Tor stories, or great Republican tales of manly courage and determination!", he said, flexing rather disappointing biceps. "And, of course, I almost forgot: we have dancing girls too. Bet it gets real lonely for you and the boys out here, huh? Let me see...you are...", he started pointing his finger at the company of soldiers, counting, "...thirteen?".

Then proceeded to pull a handful of colorful tickets from a pocket and laid them onto the table. "Here, my treat", and got up from the stool. He was about to turn, but did a doubletake to face the officer one last time.

"If any of you show up, have loose pants on, right?", and winked, flashing that plaster confident smile again.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application for Quincy Everhard

Post by Coty » May 20th, 2022, 6:48 pm

Congratulations, adventurer. Your application is...

Approved.

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!