New application: Basil Qudus

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Nördlich
Character: Basil Qudus

New application: Basil Qudus

Post by Nördlich » August 30th, 2021, 8:17 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
I played on Requiem a few years ago, my character was Basil Qudus.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
I’ve been playing on various UORP shards for nearly 12 years.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
The craving for UORP calls once again! I loved playing on Requiem before it was shut down last time.

What will your character’s name be?:
Basil Qudus

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
Basil's youthful demeanor is betrayed by his rugged appearance. He is of average height (5,87ft / 179cm), and weighs around 154lbs/70kg. He has a round face with sunken cheeks, and a somewhat well defined jawline that ends in a pointed chin. His blue eyes have dark circles underneath, and his hair is light and short. Years spent traveling the lands has left marks and imperfection on his pale skin.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
Qudus was coerced by his family to enter the First Province to fulfill his potential and to bring honor to his family name.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):
After having spent his adolescence doing nothing of note, his family presented him with an ultimatum: Either join the Church in their effort to combat the ill-effects of the Torment in the First Province, or to be completely cut off from the family.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:
“I am unsure if I would count myself as being one of the lucky ones for having my paperwork in order. To think I got the quarantine visa straight from the Clergy! My parents must have written highly of me. While I take no joy in having to leave the pleasant days at the family stead behind me (for now, at least), this new ‘opportunity’ might prove to be entertaining. What’s the worst that could happen?”

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: New application: Basil Qudus

Post by Coty » August 31st, 2021, 12:49 am

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome back, Mr. Basil.