Application for Wilfred Tremblay

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Lechter
Fresh Meat
Character: Wilfred Tremblay

Application for Wilfred Tremblay

Post by Lechter » August 31st, 2021, 7:50 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters,
if desired) you previously played:
No previous experience
Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
I have no previous experience.
Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
I was invited by a friend who has been playing for many years, and he has convinced several of
us to start playing with him. I have always wanted to try my hand at roleplaying games but never
had much opportunity, and this seems like a really optimal and fun way to start. I want to go into
medical practices and do a somewhat supportive role for my friends, while also being able to
fight along side them. Being a doctor seems like a pretty good way to do this, at least to me.
What will your character’s name be?
Wilfred Tremblay
Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height,
weight, and any notable features:
32 years old, Pale White 6’2, stocky, with light blue eyes and a very luscious black mustache
with no hair anywhere else on his body. He stands a little too upright, taking proper posture to a
ridiculous level. About 210 pounds in weight, he doesn’t blink very often and comes across as
mildly creepy, despite his cheery nature. He’s constantly smiling to show off his dimples, he
thinks it makes him more approachable.
Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

Wilfred feels that his medical knowledge will be a boon to those who reside in the quarantine zone, and he wishes to make their suffering lessen.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not
have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):

Born in Arkhess just outside of Kalastaa, the son of a prostitute he lived a rather impoverished
life but was born with a decently high level of intelligence, he spent much of his time reading
and learning whatever he could get his hands on. Eventually his mother fell ill and in hopes of
saving her he tries his hand at medicine thanks to some medical textbooks he got from one of his
mother’s “clients”. Sadly, he failed but impressed with his abilities the doctor who used to see
his mother took him in as a student at the age of 12. 20 or so years later and he has set off on his
own to try and help others with the skills he has gained from the degenerate who took him in.
Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

You have finally arrived at your destination; the Rumbling Pass train-yards. Before you stands a
massive outpost, looking to have been erected within the past few years, of which is patrolled by
numerous Legionnaires and Church Templar. The outpost guards the only viable entrance to the
recently quarantined First Province, the home of Tor, the fallen capital of the Republic. Sitting at
the foot of the massive mountain range that effectively contains the First Province within, the
outpost serves as the last obstacle you must overcome before entering the quarantined territory.
You and others like you assemble outside of the palisades of the outpost, awaiting the
opportunity to speak your case to the presiding Legion officiant who is processing admittance to
the province. Behind him, a passenger train, a marvel of technological advancement, sits idling

on its’ tracks, dozens of persons filling it’s numerous passenger cars. A true rarity within the
Republic, you can hardly believe your eyes (and ears) as the locomotive releases a massive
plume of steam from its’ smokestack. You overhear many a bewildered citizen around you
gossip as to how the only truly safe way into the Province is now by rail, for the Rumbling Pass’
mountains are nigh impassible and miles long, with the only safe navigable tunnels being those
traveled in the safety of locomotives and rail-cars. You shudder for a moment, pondering how
many forsaken souls attempted to flee the cloistered Province through the Pass’ winding, dark
tunnels, hordes of Afflicted upon their heels, only to be cut down in the pitch-black darkness.
It strikes you as peculiar that so much effort has been made in securing a means of logistical
supply and personnel transportation into the fallen First Province. You’ve heard rumors before of
Quarantine Zones; entire Municipalities and even Territories being cut-off from access due to the
blight of the Torment and the over-abundance of the walking dead – but in most instances, no
one is ever trying to get into to those forsaken places. Yet here, mere miles from the ruins of Tor,
masses congregate in order to make their way into the First Province Quarantine Zone. If you
hadn’t known any better, the entire scene – the Outpost, the mass of military personnel, the
throngs of citizens and the hissing locomotive – resembles more of an evacuation rather than a
one-way ticket into anarchy and lawlessness. As you make your way closer to the train-yard
outpost, you can’t help but recall all of the wild and crazy stories concerning all manners of
rumors about the First Province since it’s fall two years ago. Some say that the treasures awaiting
the bold are beyond measure – others swear that Salvation and Ascension is guaranteed for those
who would follow their Faith and help reclaim the First Coast.
Where the truth lies, you’ve no idea – you only know that you’re here, at the precipice of it all,
and your destination is within reach.

You watch, somewhat defeated, as but a scant few of the hundreds that approach the outpost
officiant, who stands at the outer gates of the outpost flanked by a few heavily armored
Legionnaires, are actually allowed to pass through the man-door and into the outpost and train-
yards proper. You see some swarthy fellows slip pieces of gold to the officiant, while others
plead their cases and rationale as to why they should be allowed to enter the recently fallen
territory. Some appear to provide some sort of paperwork to the officiant, flashing official
looking papers from a Faction or influential Prelacy house, who promptly waves them through.
While watching and eavesdropping, you manage to overhear the well-rehearsed speech the
officiant provides to those whom don’t provide paperwork or grease his palm, the words
monotone and nasally.
“By decree of the Venerated Church, the First Province is a mortal health hazard, and as such, is
quarantined under Article Eighteen of the Republic Treatise of Health Act of 1320. Citizens who
do not possess a Quarantine Visa issued by one of the recognized Factions of the Republic are
considered non-essential to the reclamation of the First Province. Under Article Eighteen, non-
essentials seeking entry into an official quarantine zone must petition for entry into a said zone,
and state just cause for the issuing of a Quarantine Visa by the perimeter authority.”
The officiant snorts in disdain, then adds the last line to the rehearsed monologue:
“State your business and make it quick, citizen; we’ve enough bodies in there to keep us busy for
years without adding yours to the pile, and those VIC are stirring up problems something fierce
as of late.”
You ponder the situation for a moment, evaluating your options. It is well known that with the
right connections and the right amount of coin, one can get their hands on a Quarantine Visa

from any one of the major Factions or Prelacy Families of the Republic, or even a passable
counterfeit from more nefarious sources. At the same time, it would appear that the officiant
doesn’t appear to be above some simple bribery – although his price may be hefty. However,
despite it all, you’re sure that some of those let in appeared to have made a convincing case with
the officiant without resorting to subterfuge or immorality. Gathering your wits, you step
forward towards the officiant, and make your decision as to how to gain access to the First
Province.
Wilfred approaches in his awkward upright position and shouts: Hello good man, the
name is Wilfred Tremblay! I am a doctor hailing from Arkhess, well really a mere doctor’s
student if we are to be honest here. You see, I was raised by a doctor after my mother died from
her illness, she was a prostitute you see but a rather strange looking one as she was like myself,
hairless except for a large tuft of hair between her cheeks, or so I heard from the man who raised
me I never saw it myself you see. Because she looked so odd, she didn’t have many customers
and as such, we couldn’t afford proper care for her you see. The doctor who raised me is a
degenerate you see and frequented my mother, but he couldn’t treat her himself due to the lack of
funds and if he had done it for free it would have exposed his affair to his wife, the only reason
he was able to take me in you see was because he had no children of his own, and adopting an
orphan was socially acceptable. I have always had the sinking suspicion he might have been my
actual father, but I cannot really confirm that, since he refuses to answer the question and the
only other person to know the truth is my poor dead mother you see. Where was I going with
this, oh yes you see he took me in and trained me as a medicine man myself for the last twenty
years, but you could say the training was a bit unorthodox as when teaching me how to stick
somebody with a needle, he started me off with a lance and proceeded to give me smaller

instruments as I learned how to hit a target in the right spot properly. He was a rather strange
man you see, as he was a rather fine doctor but many people in the community called him a
“sickening quack with more strange perversions than common sense”. While these skills he
passed down to me through this training may seem unnecessary and odd I truly believe that they
can help out in the first province you see, oh and about the first province you may find it
interesting to know that…… He continues to ramble on and on and will continue to do so until he is stopped.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application for Wilfred Tremblay

Post by Coty » September 2nd, 2021, 8:02 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!