Willard Malcom Redd [secondary]

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Lucien
Character: Lucien

Willard Malcom Redd [secondary]

Post by Lucien » September 8th, 2021, 11:52 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
Yes this is a secondary

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
played req for a few years now

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
i heard there would be tax breaks and im in so much trouble with the IRS I figured this could only help

What will your character’s name be?:
Willard Malcom Redd

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
Willard stands 5'10 with dark hair and eyes. He is a bit large for his size but healthy. old scars can be seen trailing the length of his throat.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
Willard is a drifter and a user. having worn out his welcome in a number of locations his wanderings have brought him to the first province. He plans little more than his next score and spends most of his time looking for the next "easy mark". a friendly smile and a sad story have taken him this far perhaps it will go a little farther in these lands.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):
Willard has always found it easier to prey on the kindness of strangers rather than do any actual work himself. Allying himself with gangs and other underworld types hes no stranger to thieving and robbery. If someone dosnt bend to his friendly smile and sob story they may after a little pressure.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

Willard swayed back and forth against the sea of bodies as they slowly filed into the pass. It had been hours since he arrived and he was growing tired of the lingering stale aroma of sweat and mildewed clothing. He glanced around with a sour look to the small group of travelers he had attached himself to. They were merchants of some kind and had believed him when he claimed to be a practicing physician. The young woman, Darla, had taken a shine to him almost immediately and Willard was quick to take advantage. He had convinced them that it would be best to allow him to do the talking for the group. Willard had suggested They all gather what meager coin they could and entrusted it to him as a "just in case" and Thomas, the black smith of the group, had handed over a finely made silver dagger with the hope it would be enough to barter passage.

Willard gave one last reassuring nod to his party and slipped into the officiants office. He entered with a warm smile and a friendly bow before speaking.

"Good evening Sir, I am Doctor Malcom Redd a man of some talent and I can assure you its a pleasure to meet you. Now I can clearly see that you are a man of great importance and I dont wish to waste your time."
Willard moved closer to the desk opting to not sit as he continued.
"As I said I am a man of some skill both in the medical arts and as a craftsman."
He paused a moment to flash another smile before lowering his eyes to the silvered dagger in his belt.
" Ah I see that your admiring my blade. Took me a good bit of time to craft such a beauty, here have a look"
With that Willard slowly plucked the blade from his belt and laid it on the table, his eyes cautiously scanning the guards within the room.
"If allowed entrance I am sure I would be more than useful crafting fine armaments such as this and tending to the wounded and infirmed."
Willard paused again allowing the official to look over the blade and consider his words. When the moment grew long Willard feared that his speech may not have been enough so he continued.
" My my! what a pair the two of you make! I must admit I crafted the blade for myself but I dare say it looks far more fitting in your hands Sir. Yes! fitting indeed and the more that I think on it I suppose I wont need the aid of such a tool now that I will be in the relative safety of the fort Please keep it as a gift, a way of my saying thank you for your allowing my passage"
He offered another quick smile and a bow of the head as he began to head out presuming his business concluded.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Willard Malcom Redd [secondary]

Post by Coty » September 9th, 2021, 5:01 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!