Application for Bogdan Kulik

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Fiend
Character: Jason Everett

Application for Bogdan Kulik

Post by Fiend » September 12th, 2021, 10:40 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
Yes, couple of years back as Jason Everett and now playing him as my first character again
Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
Bunch of (mainly UO) RP since 2005 on different servers.
Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
I'm interested in trying out characters with different approaches now that I've somewhat gotten used to how lore/things work around here again!
What will your character’s name be?:
Bogdan Kulik
Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight, and any notable features:
Bogdan is in his 30s and a fairly good representation of an average Teramerian, except for being a little shorter than his peers at around 5'9". Like most his kin he has a stocky frame, sand brown hair and fair skin. Bogdan has a square face that almost resembles a log, but he has grown a bushy beard and a full head of hair to balance it out. He has brown eyes and an aquiline nose. He's a fine physical specimen for his age, though looking closely there seems to be some stiffness in his movements particularly when getting up from chairs or beds. It's easy to see that this is a working man, probably a miner.
Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
Bogdan is a pious man who feels he has received a mission from Decus to go on a pilgrimage to preach the word where it's needed most. The First Province seems to be the ultimate frontier that's in need of the word of God.
Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):
Bogdan was separated from his tribe at an early age; how this happened is unknown, but he was raised with the Clergy in Aleksandrov. Due to his height he didn't quite make the Inquisition, but has served the church fanatically alongside his day job. His loyal service is now being rewarded, although he never expected a reward. Bogdan is not a citizen, but due to his affiliation with the Church he has done almost as well as one can do as a civilian.
Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

You ponder the situation for a moment, evaluating your options. It is well known that with the right connections and the right amount of coin, one can get their hands on a Quarantine Visa from any one of the major Factions or Prelacy Families of the Republic, or even a passable counterfeit from more nefarious sources. At the same time, it would appear that the officiant doesn’t appear to be above some simple bribery – although his price may be hefty. However, despite it all, you’re sure that some of those let in appeared to have made a convincing case with the officiant without resorting to subterfuge or immorality. Gathering your wits, you step forward towards the officiant, and make your decision as to how to gain access to the First Province.
I have been sent here by Decus, my holy mission blessed by the Church. It is finally time to bring some light to this Province.. Right, I have my rations, gear and most importantly an actual visa given to me by the Clergy. I'll just show this to the officiant.. should any problems arise I could mention some of my friends in the Inquisition might not be happy to hear about any delays.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application for Bogdan Kulik

Post by Coty » September 13th, 2021, 12:04 am

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!