Application for Kortgen Kinlin

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
JeanTheDigger
Fresh Meat
Character: Kortgem Kinlin

Application for Kortgen Kinlin

Post by JeanTheDigger » September 15th, 2021, 8:51 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

Absolutely no experience whatsoever. I'm fresh out of the boat, brought here by a friend.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
I have been RPing for the past 15 years, both online and offline. This experience spawns numerous forums, MMOs and tabletop RPGs.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
A friend brought me here. After quickly looking at the wiki and the lore, I had a good enough feeling to invest myself in this. I expect a good time, a mature community and fun RP.

What will your character’s name be?:
Kortgen Kinlin

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
Kortgen is a man of average height, average looks, though slightly gaunty. Brown hair and dull brown eyes. He is not one to stand out of the crowd, though tricks of the light and shadow might make one wonder if he is malnourished.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
To make a new life for himself, following events that ruined anything closed to a normalcy in the rest of the world (if one can even call anything on-going normal). A man of little skills, he prides himself in being capable of performing dull jobs without growing bored of them. Oh, and despite being a civilian, he knows a thing or two about "clubbing" skulls.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):
Korgen used to live on an unknown and unimportant hamlet in the midland. Following his family into resettling the midland, the group followed close the war effort until they settled on what would be where they would die. Indeed, having settled a 'tad too close to the western border, a small horde of the undead slipped past the Legions and ended up destroying the hamlet.

Korgen, for the better or for the worst, was able to run away. Returning to his home after the Legion cleaned up their mess, he gathered all the coins his family had and decided to make his way to the First Province, where he hopes he can get a nice life.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:
Korgen knew that he was far from an eloquent man. Spying a man bribing his way into the train, he decided that that would be his ticket in. No sobbing tears or weeping. He had done that weeks ago back in the Midlands, "Good evenin', sir." He'd approach the man with a poor smile, immediately betraying his complete lack of charisma, "I have been given this letter for passage." Though rather than a letter, the man would drop a purse filled with a good amount of his family's savings. If he was going to bribe his way in, he had only one shot.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application for Kortgen Kinlin

Post by Coty » September 17th, 2021, 12:42 am

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!