Application for Badulf

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Ateshk
Character: Badulf

Application for Badulf

Post by Ateshk » October 3rd, 2021, 9:06 am

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
No, I don’t have any. I’m new to this shard…greetings to all members!

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
I’ve played many different types of tabletop role-playing games, both as a player and a game master. I always preferred somewhat darker settings, and lovecraftian themed games are my all-time favorites. I have also played MUD games for some time.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
I have desired to find an online RP setting for quite a long time, which seems to be a very daunting task. I feel not really content with the usual high fantasy settings (wizards at every corner, elves, orcs, dragons…), and I also don’t like the situation that eventually the actual role-players are a minority in most online role-playing games. I hope I will find here what I am looking for.

What will your character’s name be?
Badulf of Raven’s Bridge, son of Faramund

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
Badulf is in his early 20’s. He is a little bit shorter than average, not fat, but a little paunchy. His long face is shaved, but often a bit scruffy. He has strong eyebrows and a sparse mustache below his rather large nose. His eyes are grey, and he wears glasses. His skin is medium-toned and his light brown-colored hear is not very short nor long. He has brown eyes and thin lips. (You see him in the picture without glasses.)

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
His main motivation is finding a powerful spear mentioned in his father’s journal.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):
Badulf was born into a Civilian family and lived in Raven’s Bridge, Ghaenthgrand. He used to be a town guard in his town, although he got just a little professional training. His mother died young; he lived with his father, Faramund. Faramund used to work at the town bureaucracy, so he had the opportunity to get through his contacts some rare books concerning strange and unusual topics. He studied those books a lot, and he also told Badulf some secrets, even though his son was only a child. However, the most valuable conclusions were kept in secret, recorded in his father’s journal. Faramund didn’t allow him to read the journal before his death. After his father died, Badulf read the journal. He once read about a mystical spear with immense power, hidden near the old city of Tor. He decided to continue the research of his father and find that spear of legends.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:
You have finally arrived at your destination; (…)
The officiant snorts in disdain, then adds the last line to the rehearsed monologue:
“State your business and make it quick, citizen; we’ve enough bodies in there to keep us busy for years without adding yours to the pile, and those VIC are stirring up problems something fierce as of late.”
You ponder the situation for a moment, evaluating your options. It is well known that with the right connections and the right amount of coin, one can get their hands on a Quarantine Visa from any one of the major Factions or Prelacy Families of the Republic, or even a passable counterfeit from more nefarious sources. At the same time, it would appear that the officiant doesn’t appear to be above some simple bribery – although his price may be hefty. However, despite it all, you’re sure that some of those let in appeared to have made a convincing case with the officiant without resorting to subterfuge or immorality. Gathering your wits, you step forward towards the officiant, and make your decision as to how to gain access to the First Province.
“Greetings!” – Badulf nods with enforced confidence. Then, without much hesitation, he takes two pieces of paper from his pack, giving it to the officer.
One of them concerns his and his father’s “outstanding services” both as town guard and office servant in Raven’s Bridge, Ghaenthgrand. It also describes both of them as “men of excellent morals”. The document was signed by the leading Prelates of the town.
The other paper is written in a bit less organized style, using somewhat hazy letters. It records Badulf’s application to guard duty in the First Province, signed by his own hand.
While he is waiting for the decision, Badulf glances at the train with discomfort. He often finds it quite hard to handle these unusual technological wonders like this steam-powered train. Anyway, he is waiting patiently…
Attachments
Badulf.jpg
Badulf.jpg (624.16 KiB) Viewed 1269 times

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application for Badulf

Post by Coty » October 4th, 2021, 4:10 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!