Application for Luka Stroud (Secondary)

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Liquid
Character: Luka - Jack Tylon (dead)

Application for Luka Stroud (Secondary)

Post by Liquid » October 3rd, 2021, 12:25 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
Yes, I currently play.
Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
Been rping on UO and some DND here and there.
Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
Last bastion of true UORP, plus grimdark.
What will your character’s name be?:
Luka Stroud
Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
27 YO 5’10, Clean looks with short hair and shaven face. Skin is on the lighter side. Dark black hair with brown eyes, athletic frame at 12 stones. Right hand and arm have alchemical burn scars, lighter skin that was ‘scraped’ to fix its appearance.
Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

Luka’s main intention is to study torment and witchcraft’s relation. Heston had become brutal with the influx of soldiers and mercenaries so escaping to a locked down area which contains both seemed the logical choice in his mind. He believes there may be a way to ‘cure’ the torment via alchemy but may require the ‘voluntary’ assistance of others.
Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):
Transplant to Heston with unknown parents, lived on the streets for years before finding home within an old Apothecaries house. Raised himself for majority of the years stealing food until he was able to make a measly living as an alchemist. His arm was scarred when he attempted to brew an alchemic flash bomb to sell off for money to buy a Visa - a drug addled apothecary scraped and sanded the wound until it was smooth - the injury left him recovering for some time until he could embark on the journey. Since the injury, Luka has been a bit more obsessive when making alchemical products...for obvious reasons.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

Luka looks up at the train and almost drops his bag, marveling at the sight. ‘Don’t see that every day’ he says as a passerby bumps his shoulder and scowls at him. Clutching his bag on his back, feeling the outside to make sure his books are there.

He finds an elderly woman cooking far from the gate and begins to ask her questions about the fort.

‘What can you tell me…?’ He begins his questions with, she provides him little useful information except that the guards are overwhelmed with people trying to gain passage.

Luka begins to weight his options, speaking to himself. ‘I could blow up one of the unoccupied tents…no that would end up in an issue. Maybe it’s time to use persuasion…’ he continues to ponder and rubs his face, looking at his clothes. ‘I may need to clean this up a bit’

Luka wakes up and begins to clean his clothes meticulously, taking care to present himself far wealthier then he is. Applying fragrances of cedarwood from his alchemical kit. He polishes the buttons on his coat and brushes all dust and lint off. He begins to write a detailed invitation in red ink.

‘To whom it may concern. The Inquisition within Fort Presidium hereby requests the assistance of renown Alchemical Torment Researcher Luka Stroud to assist with eradication of the torment around and within the Fort.’

Luka uses red wax and a small knife to makeshift the decus symbol on the parchment’ This will suffice’ he says as he seals the letter.

He moves up to the front of the line and leans a little close to the guard. ‘Alchemical torment research here, point me to the alchemist car please’ Luka looks down for a moment, feigning to look busy and waiting for the man to talk, as he does he interrupts him abruptly ‘I’m sorry the inquisition may not have told you I’m coming’ he pulls the sealed parchment showing the symbol clearly ‘There has been a bigger outbreak near the Fort, they are expecting me immediately to deal with this, did they notify you I was coming? May hap the local Inquisitor can come over he should know, here is my letter.’ He unfurls the letter and shows him the red ink

Before the man can speak again Luka pats his shoulder ‘You know helping the inquisition can do quite well for you. I’ll remember you pointing me the way’ Luka nods and begins to make his way past the guard.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application for Luka Stroud (Secondary)

Post by Coty » October 4th, 2021, 4:11 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!