Application for Charles Winecap

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Jeremold
Character: Jeremold

Application for Charles Winecap

Post by Jeremold » October 4th, 2021, 2:28 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
yes a few characters and 2 acts i think

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
great experience, good outlet for writing and creativity

What will your character’s name be?: Charles Winecap

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
33 years of age
145 lbs, 5' 10", chestnut brown head and facial hair, wide-slit light blue eyes with heavy hoods. Looks to be of average health with no major injuries. Hard living has given him a rough textured skin and poor complexion. Yult accent.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
A life spent working for others has left him with no savings, and no prospect of becoming a land owning citizen, so he's taking a gamble on success in a new place whatever the risks.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):
Spent youth harvesting wild forage, and stealing crops from neighbouring lands. Worked as a labourer for a low-ranked family since young age to help pay off his own families debts.

From a disgraced family who succumbed to the lure of rebellion. His great uncle had been hung and flayed in public view for trying to stir up controversy in their small settlement. Winecap was once a prominent name, and the actions of one branch of the family had stained the entire tree. Winecaps across the midlands were forced to prove their loyalty by helping to gather information about other dissenters against the republic.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

Farther ahead in line a man is turned away by the official. The way he grips the straps of his pack, the clenched teeth, the straight ahead stare and the brisk walk towards the rumbling pass are the determined movements of a person moving towards their doom. His failure to gain entry had sealed his fate.

I shudder, trying not to shake visibly.

The line moves along slowly, some gaining access and some being refused.

It's my turn, I step forward hastily so as to not waste anyone's time. Delivering my fake pass with a small smile to the official makes my heart skip a beat. Fake it may be, but the cost had been high enough.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application for Charles Winecap

Post by Coty » October 4th, 2021, 4:13 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!