Application for Americo Horton (secondary char)

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Jeremold
Character: Jeremold

Application for Americo Horton (secondary char)

Post by Jeremold » November 8th, 2021, 11:57 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
yes a few characters and now in my 3rd act with this server

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
Fun systems to explore and play

What will your character’s name be?: Americo Horton

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
55 years of age, born 1291
5' 11" 260 lbs
Cauliflowered ears, large wide mouth, thick brow with keen, light-brown eyes beneath. Missing some teeth, but not the ones that show when he smiles.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
He decided sometime after his 55th year of life to head towards the quarantine zone for adventure. The stories of both danger and riches have tickled his interest.

A lifelong fighter, he needs to seek adrenaline somehow. He quite enjoys travel and has done as much traveling as the world's affairs allowed him to.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):

Father was a Decusian legionaire from Greatport. Americo is from a village in Aedenshyr near to Corlais Castle. An ex-boxer who wished he could have gone at it for a few more years. He took a few bad losses near the end of what was an otherwise lucrative career spent traveling around the republic fighting in various sanctioned and unsanctioned tournaments that would pop up. In his young days he sent much of his boxing prize coin back home to his aged mother, but she passed long ago.

Loyal to few, kind when it suits him. Americo has made his own way through life. A self-driven athlete who has been forced to come to terms with his recently declining physical ability.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

He presents the rather-expensive fake visa and hopes for the best. In an idle tone he explains that he's come to seek adventure in these lands and hopes to find it before he is too old to enjoy it.
Last edited by Jeremold on November 9th, 2021, 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application for Americo Horton (secondary char)

Post by Coty » November 9th, 2021, 4:39 pm

We will need a bit more out of your application before we can approve your character. As it is your secondary character the standard for the application is a bit higher.

Please edit your post expanding on your background just a bit, a few sentences will do.

Also, please continue the roleplay scenario by replying to the RP prompt below.

The officiant quickly looks over the documents, seeming to take little interest in their contents before looking up to you. His tired gaze looks you over, a crooked smile smearing across his weathered features as he leans towards you. "Adventure." His tone mocking, a quick exhalation of breath following as he leans back once more. "You've been misinformed, friend. No grand tales ahead. No damsels in need of rescue. If you seek adventure, I advise you seek it elsewhere." Despite his words, he holds onto your documents, awaiting a response.

Jeremold
Character: Jeremold

Post by Jeremold » November 9th, 2021, 9:20 pm

Coty wrote: November 9th, 2021, 4:39 pm

Also, please continue the roleplay scenario by replying to the RP prompt below.

The officiant quickly looks over the documents, seeming to take little interest in their contents before looking up to you. His tired gaze looks you over, a crooked smile smearing across his weathered features as he leans towards you. "Adventure." His tone mocking, a quick exhalation of breath following as he leans back once more. "You've been misinformed, friend. No grand tales ahead. No damsels in need of rescue. If you seek adventure, I advise you seek it elsewhere." Despite his words, he holds onto your documents, awaiting a response.
Americo offers his wide smile, yellowed teeth with happy eyes.

" I've heard word of many old ruins still left to explore and conquer. I cannot imagine many damsels to be found, not alive." He offers a small chuckle. "I'll not be fooled, there's plenty adventure to be found for the brave. I am Americo Horton, seasoned in sport combat. I'll have no troubles in there-I have faced similar in my travels elsewhere."

With some flair he turns to the side as he throws some jabs at the air a few times in an attempt to show off his prowess. When he tries to show his footwork he stumbles slightly before catching his balance. He offers another wide smile somewhat awkwardly.

" I did not slip when I defeated a bear in unarmed combat!" A hearty chuckle as he tries to lock eyes. "Oh, sure, yes the bear had his claws nubbed down. And yes the bear had the teeth filed dull. But what a fight it was nonetheless!"

Americo motions as if eye gouging a bear with stiff hand. "I reach in- POP out his eye, bear goes MAD!"

Americo darts back and forth as he tells the story of his glory days before realizing he's been ranting.

"Ah, forgive. I do need this you know, this heart thump-thump." He slaps at his chest to emphasize, "Adventure!"

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Post by Coty » November 10th, 2021, 4:11 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!