Application Winter Wright

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Alarice
Character: Alarice

Application Winter Wright

Post by Alarice » December 3rd, 2021, 1:03 am

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
Yes, I play the character Alarice since early November. This is my second character.
Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
I’ve played in various pen&paper groups over the last two decades and I’ve played on two roleplay-enforced UO shards back in the days (mostly from 2002 - 2011).
Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
I enjoy the grim and role-play intensive UO experience here. The added mechanics (infusion, animus, skills, wounds, etc.) are awesome too!
What will your character’s name be?:
Winter Wright
Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
32 years of age, 5’9’’. She has a hardened face and the weathered skin of someone spending most of her time outdoors. No obvious marks or disfigurements other than a few scars here and there, mostly from blunt and bladed weapons rather than from wildlife or accidents. Her dark hair is typically kept short.

She wears sturdy leather clothes, well made and not too cheap, but focusing on function over style. On first glance, one might consider her a hunter, dressed and equipped for the wilderness. However, at her side or on her back she typically carries a single sword, hardly a hunting weapon… at least if one’s prey is venison.
Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
She wants to enter the First Province to do her part in hunting down apostates and other criminals. Her motivation is to find and stop them, ideally for coin, but also because it is the right thing to do. At least that's what she tells herself at night, when reflecting on her life's choices. Admitting that hunting people is the most exciting thing you've ever done, even to yourself, just doesn't feel good. Even if those people are scum.
Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):
Winter started her career finding and returning lost sheep and hunting hares, ducks, and other wildlife in the marches of Volgen with her older brother Albie. Eventually, the influx of refugees made tracking down and stopping poachers and sheep thieves a much more profitable endeavor. After a few years of getting used to that sort of work, she joined a group of professional bounty hunters. It went very well until it didn’t. As one of two survivors of an easy bounty gone disaster she returned to her family to realize village life and waiting for the world to get even worse didn’t suit her anymore.
Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:
As she awaited her turn to speak, she couldn't help but keep a careful eye on the hundreds of people seemingly attempting to enter the quarantine zone. She wasn't used to that many people in one spot. All the chatter made her uncomfortable. Some of them looked, at first glance, like honest folk. Others just looked desperate. It was hard to say which ones might be more dangerous to deal with. Suddenly, a man approached her very casually, placing an arm around her shoulder, loudly proclaiming “There you are, my sweetheart!”

Startled by the stranger she instinctively reached for her sword and considered taking him down right where he stood. She felt the eyes of several Legionnaires on her. Causing a scene would definitely not help. She slowly relaxed and hissed “What the fuck do you think you’re doing?” - “Sssh, I’ve heard these Visas are always good for two. So don’t be an ass, just let me be your husband until we get the passes. I'll give you some coin.”. She proceeded to instead outline what would happen if someone were found to lie about an official document, issued by the venerable inquisition corps no less. A short while later it was her turn to approach the officiant -- alone.

“State your business and make it quick, citizen; we’ve enough bodies in there to keep us busy for years without adding yours to the pile, and those VIC are stirring up problems something fierce as of late.”

Stepping forward, careful not to make any all too sudden motions, the woman wordlessly placed a sealed envelope on the table. She was still processing her encounter with the swindler from before. Should she keep an eye out for him on the other side if she were to make it in? She looked at the officiant, who looked back at her, impatiently. A moment or two passed in which no-one spoke, before he barked “Are you deaf?”

She inhaled sharply. Not the best start. “The problems you mentioned are why I’m here. I fix problems; like removing unwanted elements so there is less to worry about.” With a deliberately soft gesture she put her finger on the unopened letter bearing the seal of the V.I.C. and moved it about half an inch closer to the officiant before continuing “You’ll find these are in order.”

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application Winter Wright

Post by Coty » December 4th, 2021, 12:45 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!