Application for Kyber

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Liquid
Character: Luka - Jack Tylon (dead)

Application for Kyber

Post by Liquid » January 6th, 2022, 7:15 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

Yes I play Luka and Rhine

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:

Been print on and off for over 10 years. UO and various other games.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?

I expect the best, I have not been disappointed at all and continue to enjoy my time here.

What will your character’s name be?:

Kyber Uharie

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Mid 30’s not quite 6 feet, nimble but built frame at 180 or so lbs. striking looks with monochromatic eyes. Dark skin with blonde hair. Has a large scar of a rope burn around his neck, scars on his feet and legs appear to be burns. Stab wounds to his rib cage.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

Kyber needs money, he needs a place to run to and hide. Currently being chased by small hunters, wounded and on the run - fleeing to a locked down providence seems the best option. On the run for several months. He finally made contact with a small criminal gang looking to send someone into the province for some work. Two birds for one stone for him.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):

On the run for several months has left him weak, starving, dehydrated. His muscles, skills and strengths have deteriorated considerably. It will take some time for him to recover and get back to shape. Disgraced soldier, deserter - causing his family name to shamble.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

'I’ll be honest when I say this, it hasn’t been easy - it hasn’t been fun, and I need an out. I’m running out of options here. What have you got for me? Little desperate…' Kyber Said, a bit sketchy.

The man peered at Kyber with a slight grin. 'I got a job, it’s like your old work. Risky, real risky - you’ll be suited for it. Just do what you do, win lose or draw you get paid, that’s always a plus.'

'Let’s see what you got to offer…' Said with a sigh

'Paid upfront, 90 silver with an extra 10 if you leave now that’s a whole coin for the job.'

'You know I’m going to leave now what’s the job?'

'I need you to go to the province, stir up some trouble. I need a little commotion, so some eyes focus on the inside.'

'Yeah? How much trouble.'

'I need you to start killing inquisitors, that kind of trouble.'

'Holy fuck, you want me to die? You better throw in something sweeter then a single coin, what is that going to get me? A ride? Fuck…you know I’m desperate too. This is some set of steel you have on you.'

'Let’s be honest Mouse, you’re expendable. Nobody cares about you, you’re on the run, you look like shit, smell worse and you’ll absolutely die - if not from the hunters then from starvation, thirst or worse. You can’t really defend yourself right now and you might as well pack it all up and hang yourself.'

'So, what’s to stop me from just taking your money and living in the providence. Making a nice name for myself.'

'You know what the best part of my answer is, just go ahead and try. You’ll eventually go and start killing those inquisitors either way. You hate them, you despise them and I’m sending you in a cage where they are going to spit on you, use you, abuse you and just find every way to make you miserable until you kill them or they kill you. Nobody ever paid you for a good time, you’re a disgraced soldier, your family name is shi…'

'Alright, I get it, I get it. So why the commotion?'

'That’s for me, I pay you to do bad things not know things. Now go be a bad guy, go burn the pyre makers. Coin is left with Walt outside - and take a fucking bath. You aren’t going to make it past the guard like that.'

'Guard? Shit…' Khyber begins to shower for the first time in months. Skin rot and other grossness falls off himself as he dresses in the nicest clothes he can get for dirt cheap.

'He watches the gate for a few days, not sleeping much from fear of being caught, he spends his time listening to the guard, looking at him, studying.'

Bingo…. Kyber finds a local slum tent within the pass.

'Hey, got a sec? Calls over a man, shady type with a lazy eye. Got some spice? Need a fix if I’m gonna be here long. 5 shine for a lump?'

Man rubs his nose and makes a tsk noise, long. 'Gonna need 10 for that....'

'Yeah? How about 15 for 2'

'17 and you got a deal.'

'Easy, thanks for the grind.'

Quick exchange and Kyber heads over to the guard. Slumped lightly.

'Hey, got something.'

'State your bus..'

'Look shh…been here a bit, lets just talk for a lil.' Kyber scratches his face.' Look friend, I heard what you were sayin'. Long hours no pay, inquisition breathing down your neck. Got some grind for you, tit for tat. I’m lookin' to disappear for a bit, clear my head. How’s fair the trade for you? Keep your edge up.'

Kyber slips two small bags of coalition spice into the guards pocket and pushes in 10 silver. 'There’s some extra coin for you friend, guys name is Sol - slum tent. He can hook you up if you need an extra fix tell him Mouse sent you.' He pats the man on the back and slowly makes his way in.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application for Kyber

Post by Coty » January 8th, 2022, 1:58 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Spicy app! Welcome to Requiem!