Application for Kenna Fogwyn

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Alarice
Character: Alarice

Application for Kenna Fogwyn

Post by Alarice » January 21st, 2022, 2:18 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
Yes, I play the character Alarice since early November. This is a new second character.
Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
I’ve played in various pen&paper groups over the last two decades and I’ve played on two roleplay-enforced UO shards back in the days (mostly from 2002 - 2011).
Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
I enjoy the grim and role-play intensive UO experience here. The added mechanics (infusion, animus, skills, wounds, etc.) are awesome too! Lately I've greatly enjoyed the events and how the world reacts to player actions in subtle ways (e.g., new roads).
What will your character’s name be?:
Kenna Fogwyn
Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
A young woman of 19 years, pale skin, grey eyes. She has a symmetrical face that some might consider beautiful, and appears to have made it to the quarantine zone without any obvious scars or visible hardship, indicating a rather fortunate life so far.

She wears well-made clothes made of fine linen and embroidered with patterns of white roses and blue lilies.
Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
Having chosen “freely” to attempt to enter the First Province, Kenna has a plan: she will not only uncover long lost artifacts, but also witness the key points at which the world finally turns around for the better – and her work documenting those events will survive the ages, teaching what had happened to generations to come.
Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):
Keeping secrets is a challenge for most; it's even more of a challenge when those secrets could easily inspire art or poetry. When faced with the decision of either keeping things to herself or creating potentially influential works of art, that's not really much of a choice for Kenna. A quirk such as this one might be a strain on some relationships, but can turn out to be rather dangerous if the secret one finds out about involves the less-than-legal dealings of one's own family -- a family trying very hard to become recognized as prelacy.
Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:
“Stop that.” the bulking man, clad in a moderately subtle brigandine growled at the young blonde woman and attempted to snatch the pencil from her hand, but she was just about fast enough to move her hand away. Instead, he managed to take hold of the sketch showing an outright downcast applicant who, after having been turned away, now sat on a crate and reflected on his life’s choices. Kenna let out a long-winded sigh. “Do I have to remind you?”, the man asked, implying heavily what he would be reminding her of. “No need. I am perfectly aware of the path which lies ahead, Uncle.”, the last word spoken out with sarcasm landing somewhere between bitter and playful.

She continued to wait in line while her ‘uncle’ kept watch, ensuring that she’d make it to the front without either creating a scene or outright escaping. The last few steps were her own to take. Instead of actually listening, she watched the mouth of the officiant, rattling off the same lines again and again, day in, day out. The man appeared to have as little interest in speaking the words as she did hearing them. Kenna briefly considered whether she should ‘accidentally’ insult him. Then again, she was fairly certain that the alternative to being sent into a deadly quarantine zone was just a more expedient path to what seemed to be the destination chosen for her. She gave Javic, the mercenary struggling to still pretend to be a loving and concerned uncle, a teasing smile, before directing her attention at the officiant who was just about done with his delivery of words.

“Why, of course I have the paperwork, good sir. As you can see, the Foundry has endorsed me as a respectable and well-studied craftswoman.” She handed over the documents that had required her family to grease quite some palms. “I can assure you that my uncle over there has prepared me very well for the dangers of this province.” She briefly finger-waved to Javic, just to annoy the man one last time. “My skill in the arts will uplift the morale in the zone, keep them well clothed, and do its part to lighten their burden.”

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application for Kenna Fogwyn

Post by Coty » January 21st, 2022, 2:24 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!