Lor Goldbarrow

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
SirKaje
Fresh Meat
Character: Lor Goldbarrow

Lor Goldbarrow

Post by SirKaje » March 22nd, 2022, 3:53 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

I have no experience with Requiem.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:

I used to play on a number of old Ultima Online based RP servers including Teiravon, but I also regularly RP as part of a long-running D&D group.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?

I’m keen to get back into an Ultima Online RP server, and having researched thoroughly (of the few that still exist!) including reading numerous reviews, it seems as if Requiem is standing strong in this field. I love the setting, the lore, and the work that has clearly gone in to create this fantastic world.

My expectations are simply that it is a mature (in terms of attitude) shard with clear boundaries and a desire to create something special.

What will your character’s name be?:

Lor Goldbarrow

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Lor Goldbarrow stands at 6’0” tall, with an athletic build, deep set dark brown eyes, and short brown hair. He is a man in his early 30s but could pass for someone ten years younger in the right light. One would describe him as relatively good looking, with the exception of the scar he sports across his right eye from tip of his brow near his nose down diagonally to his jaw. The pigment in his right eye is slightly distorted in line with the scar.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

Despite a privileged upbringing by a wealthy and respected family as a citizen of Greatport, as many rich children often do Lor always seemed to gravitate towards the darker side of life. He would regularly abscond from his bedroom at night to roam the streets, falling in with a gang of ne’er-do-wells. His association with cutpurses and thieves took its toll on his family, and despite many ultimatums being issued to Lor they eventually disowned him and – facing local disgrace – moved away shortly after his 18th birthday.

Lor enjoyed a life of thrill with his band of merry men and women, picking locks and pockets, drinking, and womanising. It wasn’t a rich life, but it was fun and that’s all he wanted.

Rising from simple associate to a respected and feared leader of criminals over the next 15 years, with surprisingly few spells behind bars, life was good. Until it wasn’t.

A botched job, a burglary of a large manor estate in which the owner was brutally killed, which some believe may have been the work of a mole who had infiltrated the group, saw Lor on the run and accused of murder. With nowhere left to turn, he is making his way to the First Province to seek anonymity. And coin. There’s always coin. Coin can do anything.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):

Lor is confident to the point of cockiness, but it can be backed up with skill. He can lockpick his way into, and talk his way out of, trouble with ease. He can fight well indeed, sword being his weapon of choice, but he would often not leave any evidence of his presence.

Briefly write an in-character response to the scenario:

Lor stares at the man with a wry smile for a moment, his brain almost audible in its work to size up the man and his morals.

“You look tired, friend. There can’t be many who appreciate those forced to work the desks and deal with such administrative trivialities.”

He deftly pushes a hand into his bag and pulls out a small purse. Small, but heavy. Lor holds it in his hand for a moment, feeling the weight, counting it with touch alone, before nodding to himself with satisfaction. He places it gently on the desk in front of the officiant.

“What say this donation from a kind stranger finds its way to the tavern of your choice for a libation? A liquid celebration of your efforts?”

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Lor Goldbarrow

Post by Coty » March 22nd, 2022, 10:01 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!