New Character Application - Jessica Greenfoot

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
JessicaGreenfoot
Fresh Meat
Character: JessicaGreenfoot

New Character Application - Jessica Greenfoot

Post by JessicaGreenfoot » June 1st, 2022, 7:02 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
No

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
I’ve played LARP, UP and DND for many years. I really enjoy it.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
UO is a great engine in lots of ways, because it is customisable and quite simple, it means characters and plot can really develop and tell fun, engaging, different and thought-provoking stories.

What will your character’s name be?:
Jessica Greenfoot

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Jessica is proud, despite her modest 5’ 5”. She has long blonde hair and large, green eyes. To many, she would appear beautiful. She is quick-witted, quick to smile and quickest to laugh. At around 20, the world has yet to take its toll on her.
She is nimble and lithe; she moves gracefully and is never without her sewing kit and bow. Her clothes are well made (possibly by her) and seem designed to accentuate both her features and the latest fashions.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

Forced to flee her comfortable upbringing after a deadly fire caused suspicion to fall on her, Jessica has travelled to the most remote part of the world she could think of, to escape, and to start anew…

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):

Jessica’s father was a farmer in the Eastern Baronies, who only wanted the best for his daughter. His success in crop growing and raising animals enabled the family farm to grow. Jessica benefitted from this prosperity and was given an education her father could only have dreamed of, being schooled in the strictures of the Church Decus and its teachings on the Virtues and the Vices.
Jessica’s mother was care-free, as so many from Athaerun could tend to be. Drawn to her father at an early age, Jessica’s mother never tired of exploring and imbued her daughter with the same sense of wonder and adventure.
The blending of Jessica’s comparatively strict and privileged education (in a school just outside Tor, before the fall) and her mother’s care-free spirit creates a unique blend of timid and wild; Cautious around people, wild when free to explore.
And then disaster struck her family. An errant candle was left burning one night and the family farmhouse just caught fire. Jessica’s father is missing, presumed dead. Nobody knows how the fire started, but Jessica was the only other person on the farm at that time.
Bereft, the suspicious eyes of neighbours and their hurtful whispers were too much for a grieving daughter. One night, she packed a small bag of items (including an expensive silk scarf from Prodai) and left a note for her mother. She would go where her pain could be lessened by assisting others… Perhaps where she could extinguish her own torment by combatting the greater Torment…

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

Jessica smiled at the guard, pitying his unenviable task.

“Forgive me, Sir. I am Jessica Greenfoot and I request your permission to enter the First Province. I am gifted in some aspects of medicine and the application of healing balms. I am also an able hunter. I feel my services and skills can be of some assistance in these dark times.”

“You? Help us?” The guard sneers disbelievingly

“Yes. I know much that may be useful here”

The guard made to mock her again, but she interrupted him.

“In fact… I have here a scarf of some of the finest silk. It’s from Prodai, originally … I don’t have much need for it. I wonder if there is someone in your life who might benefit from wearing it? As a thank you to you for all the work you do and for being so helpful to me…”

The guards sneer disappeared as he understood the transaction unfolding before him.

Nodding a little, he took the scarf and stepped aside.

maldonado
Aeolian Staff
Character:

Re: New Character Application - Jessica Greenfoot

Post by maldonado » June 1st, 2022, 7:06 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!