Application for Callisto Hale

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Pyrocleptic
Fresh Meat
Character: Callisto Hale

Application for Callisto Hale

Post by Pyrocleptic » July 12th, 2022, 1:23 am

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
I have never played on Requiem before.
How did you hear about Requiem?
I was looking for UO RP servers and found a list on Reddit.
Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
I have never played on Requiem before.
What will your character’s name be?
Callisto Hale
Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
Standing 6' 7" tall, this fair skinned man has a controlling feel about him, and he has a noticeable scar on his left arm. He has tattoos fully covering his right upper arm, left lower leg and chest. His long, curly, black hair is styled differently every day. He has dark, rounded, brown eyes, hollow cheeks, a square jaw and fine eyebrows. He has strong legs, strong hands and a muscular neck. He often wears soft leathers and or animal skins. He has three piercings. Two on his left eyebrow and one nose piercing.
Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
Seeking out refuge and possibly aiding in the fight against the people (magic-users) which took his parents.
Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history. This does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:
Callisto was born in the fog filled forests of Ostenam. He was raised a tracker and hunter for most of his life and learned the in and outs of leatherworking, tracking and cooking from his parents. They taught him to respect the forest and the beings within as he respected them.

Callisto lived in a small village far north of the Tills and was eventually one of the villages hunters who helped keep them fed and clothed through the years.

The torment crept slowly around different parts of Ostenam but didn’t see to affect the areas around Callisto’s village nearly as bad as other places. Callisto was taught to keep the torment at a distance and to put down any animals that seemed like they were infected by it.

One evening after a successful hunt Callisto’s village was raided by cultists from the west. They came and used their magics to keep the strong as bay while they stole the weak in the night for their ritual sacrifices. Callisto’s parents were some of those people. He attempted to track them after the raid but they had used magic to cover their tracks and was never successful in finding them. This is when he decided to head to First Province and aid where necessary.

Please write a few short paragraphs of an in-character response to the following scenario:
As Callisto approaches the officiant he looks just past to the train past the doors. He had never seen such magnificent technology before. Being from a simple town he was almost memorized but then snapped to as he recalled why he was there. He looked again an the officiant as he stepped up to address him.

"I am Callisto Hale, I seek passage to the First Province. I am here to offer my services to the Republic as a tracker and guide. I have been trained since birth to hunt and find things in the wilderness. I could be useful in gathering food or finding would be vagrants who tried to hide from the justice of the Republic."

Callisto motions to his fine leathers and furs. “I have caught, skinned and crafted everything I am wearing. It is proof of my trade.” He also motions to one of his tattoos on his arm where 8 small red skulls are lined in a row. “And these are bounties I have successfully found and captured in the midlands.”

He looks up at the officiant. “Are these skills of use to the cause of the Republic?”

Archin
Character: Archin

Re: Application for Callisto Hale

Post by Archin » July 12th, 2022, 10:43 am

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!