Application for Merdrett Baldwyn

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
hamzaaa
Character: Merdrett Baldwyn

Application for Merdrett Baldwyn

Post by hamzaaa » August 6th, 2022, 11:49 am

(Not a native english speaker so please excuse if my english is not perfect or simple here and there)

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

No experience.

How did you hear about Requiem?

I was in search for a free rp shard on reddit and requiem was mentioned in several threads.

CHARACTER QUESTIONS
(Please note: Staff is looking for at least three lore references in your application when reviewing.)

What will your character’s name be?

Merdrett Baldwyn

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Merdrett is around 29 years old and has dark long hair, brownish-green eyes and a stubbly beard. He is of a muscular but not well-fed stature and he is not the tallest. Merdrett has a large roundish birth mark on his back made up of a group of many moles which he tries to hide as good as he can since he time and time again earns distrusting looks for it. One time he even got accused of being a child of the Torment itself.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
Merdrett wants to find out more about the old texts describing the horrors in the world and tries to learn about the profession of slaying those. With that knowledge and the fact that he always had to be tough in life he thinks he might be able to earn some coin and slowly climb out of the sewer that is his current life.

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history. This does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:
Merdrett's parents have succumbed to the plague when he was a teenager and since then he lived alone. Sometimes in the streets with no roof over his head, sometimes in refugee camps, sometimes in the woods near the villages. This life made him tough and somewhat bitter but he swore himself whatever happens he would not go down with a fight. From his various encounters with different people in dark alleys he got wind of old texts describing the origin of monsters, the walking dead and even the Torment ifself. He took an interest in these stories and quickly learned that there are men out there that made a profession from studying but also fighting the unspeakable. A path which Merdrett deemed to be one that might be an opportunity.

Please write a few short paragraphs of an in-character response to the following scenario:
As Merdrett steps up to officiant he gives him a slightly smirking look. "I see the horrors of the land are not the only ones stripping the folk of their belongings and lives", Merdrett says as he briefly nods down at the hands of the officiant in which he holds some coin of the refugees he let through before. "I don't judge and especially in these times the lines become blurry. I can respect that a man does what needs to be done and I recon in these times the Republic has uses for men that follow that principle. I am such a man." Merdrett pauses and his smirk becomes very serious as he stares at the Officiant waiting to be let through.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application for Merdrett Baldwyn

Post by Coty » August 6th, 2022, 1:26 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!

hamzaaa
Character: Merdrett Baldwyn

Re: Application for Merdrett Baldwyn

Post by hamzaaa » August 6th, 2022, 3:53 pm

Thank you :)