Application for Francesca Blackberry

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Phalkon
Character: Francesca Blackberry

Application for Francesca Blackberry

Post by Phalkon » September 29th, 2022, 5:40 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
No

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
I’ve played on a Czech RP shard Andaria since 2007.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
I love both UO and roleplaying, preferably mixed together. I also like the attention to detail that can be seen in everything on this shard and can’t wait to explore your world.

What will your character’s name be?:
Francesca Blackberry

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
Francie looks quite young since she is barely above the threshold for adulthood and her short and light stature doesn't help much. She might have one day grown into quite an attractive woman were it not for the scars from chickenpox all over her face and body. Despite that, she's still quite good looking with narrow nose, enchanting dark green eyes and sharply cut eyebrows. She likes to play with her long brown hair and ties it up into different hairstyles.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
Francesca has been fascinated by doctors and medicine ever since she suffered from chickenpox. She made it her life goal to help people from both illness and injury and her biggest dream is one day discovering the cure for the Torment. She read all she could get her hands on concerning medicine and the Torment and she became convinced that if there is a cure, there has to be a clue hidden somewhere in the vast archives in Tor.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):
Francesca had a relatively easy life. Her family not rich enough to endlessly hunger for more not poor enough to leave them in want for necessities. She wasn’t far enough form the war efforts against the Torment but she couldn’t imagine how she herself could have made any difference. And so she was heading towards a life of relative safety. Life of a trade of some sorts, perhaps a tailor?
She never truly decided on that, always searching for her true calling. And that came in a form of an illness. She suffered from chickenpox much later in life than would be optimal. The illness left scars all over her face and body. And ever since, Francie knew what she wanted to do with her life. She became obsessed with medicine, doctors and illnesses. And as she read more and more about medicine she convinced herself that there has to be a cure for the Torment, waiting to be found. And that she could be the one to find it. And where else to start such a search than in Tor. And thus as soon as young Francie was old enough to make her own way in life, she ran away from home, not minding her parents wishes, to travel to the First Province and find the cure for the Torment.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:
Francesca was standing in line that formed in front of the officiant. Nervously looking around and slowly moving forwards with the others waiting in line. She silently murmured her prepared statement she was practising ever since she got on the train.
With each step she started to doubt her prepared words, for some reason they seemed to sound less and less convincing each time she repeated them. Just as she was considering turning back and running back home she realised she was standing right in front of the officiant.

“Well? State your business girl, I don’t have all day.”
Suddenly every word Francie carefully prepared was gone, she stood there frozen, her mind completely blank.
“I-I’m a doctor.” She blurted just to say something, anything.
Officiant raised his eyebrows.
“You look a bit young for a doctor, girl. This is not a game, if you want to learn medicine go home and come back when you’re ready.”
His words reminded Francesca of her parents disapproval of her plans and their arguments that she’s too young to go to the First Province. This made her angry.
“I’ve been doing this since 10 years old.” This wasn’t true but the anger in her voice made her words sound with more conviction then she actually felt.
“And I’m better at it than most of those twice my age.”
Officiant smiled a little.
“You’re lucky girl. We’re always in need of doctors. If you really want to do this then go.”

Francesca started walking, her legs shaking a little bit, but she met her first challenge and won, there’s nothing that could stop her now. She will do what she came here to do. Nothing could be more certain now.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application for Francesca Blackberry

Post by Coty » September 29th, 2022, 9:01 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!