Application for Niamh Valfear

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Aurora
Character: Wow meta

Application for Niamh Valfear

Post by Aurora » October 2nd, 2022, 10:43 am

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

Yes, hello. I played quite a lot in the distant past. I was on the content team for far too long, am responsible for many things on the map, and spent a lot of time deep diving in the old magic system.

My main character is this one. I also played Briseis Cassia and Juno Vicaris, but only very little in comparison.

How did you hear about Requiem?

I can’t not hear about Requiem. I’m told I should try the latest incarnation, so I am.

What will your character’s name be?

Niamh Valfear

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight, and any notable features:

A twenty-something woman, tall and thin. She is remarkably pale, almost gaunt. Her appearance is well maintained: stygian hair is combed and bound, and her nails are short, if stained with ink.

Notably, her eyes are clouded: once-blue irises veiled by an unfortunate silver-gray mist. She is often uncertain of her vision and, as a result, her movement. Altogether, she cuts a haunted figure.

Her posture is straight and she has the bearing of an official, with none of the trappings. Her speech is pleasantly warm and steady, but the voice is grainy, and tends to rasp.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

Niamh was always intertwined with the Church, and to a lesser extent the Consortium. As a refugee without uniform or title, I’m actually not entirely sure what her agenda would be, but the default is to spread the teachings of Decus and the Avatars, do allopathy and hematology, trip over things, accidentally drop Mote’s flashbangs, and blindly walk into the scenery. I’m sure other goals will form organically.

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history.

Niamh was, together with Mote, a Torian slum girl who weaseled her way out of the fall of the City. From there, she became a part of the Church faction, and I spent most of my energy engaging with the lore surrounding the virtues, the avatars, and Principatus. She was a part of the 23rd Templar chapter. Much later, she was given a Decusian divinator’s writ by the 331st Templar. She was anointed in Redholme, at which point her go-to monniker became “Abbess”.

She was, with the Templar, a liaison with the Legion faction when Falco and Thaddeus were decanus and decurion. She was also a Scholasticus and later Auditoris of the Consortium (Number XXX), where she was often maligned for defending the Church’s perspective. She was part of the unit (and, arguably, a big reason they succeeded) that breached the Foundry HQ and assassinated Jean de Lairenne, though she has since come to see that chapter as perhaps necessary, but definitely naïve.

In post-Praesidium exile, she still worked with the 331st Templar, the Knights Hospitaller, to erect a field hospital between it and Tenebrae. She applied exorcism rites taught to her by the Republic splinter faction of the Inquisition to exorcize and combat an actual Sic-demon, or a shadow of one, which was tremendously baller.

One time, Xtopherus Aequisnox snubbed her, perhaps wasting her chance of getting into the mystical Garden, but then Archbishop Landcaster kissed her hand, which was neat. It’s been kind of wild. I am unclear how much of the past is canon, but it’s whatever. It doesn’t matter.

Please write a few short paragraphs of an in-character response to the following scenario:
You have finally arrived at your destination; the Rumbling Pass train-yards. Before you...
Niamh, bereft of documents or official Republic trappings, approaches and greets the officiant with a cordial smile. Then, she hesitates. She dips her head to get a better angle, and oogles the man. A mighty squint. Surely, it couldn’t be? To be met, on the third time queueing for entry into the Province, by the same gentleman! She points her finger and breaks into a mirthful smile. Truly, there are miracles yet.

Archin
Character: Archin

Re: Application for Niamh Valfear

Post by Archin » October 2nd, 2022, 12:12 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!