Application for Kael

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
daquorm
Character: Kael

Application for Kael

Post by daquorm » March 27th, 2023, 2:12 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
No
How did you hear about Requiem?
Through my owns internet search, looking specifically for a developed roleplaying UO shard.

CHARACTER QUESTIONS
(Please note: Staff is looking for at least three lore references in your application when reviewing.)

What will your character’s name be?
Kael (since he doesn’t want being traced back to his parents he doesn’t use his surname, nor does he deem it relevant since his next of kin is dead)

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
Kael is a young man, 18 year of ages, with vibrant red hair that falls in loose waves around his face. He has a light build, with a lean and athletic frame that speaks to his years of wandering the wilderness.
Despite his lean build, Kael is surprisingly strong for his form, with a wiry strength that belies his slender frame. He moves with a cautious agility, and his movements are rather fluid.
Kael's face is angular and sharp, with high cheekbones and a strong jawline. His bright green eyes are piercing, and they seem to sparkle with an inner light that matches the intensity of his hair.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
After spending years in the wilds and encountering the full circle of life, Kael has gone to appreciate the balance there is in nature, where even death and disease play an important role. However there is one thing that stands out as opposing to everything he has come to appreciate and is a great disturbance to this balance, The torment and everything that comes with it. Therefor he has set his mind to travel to the frontier to battle and hopefully someday find a cure, restore this balance.

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history. This does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:
Kael was born into a family of magic-users, his parents both mages of the consortium who had dedicated their lives to studying the arcane arts. Kael's own magical abilities began to manifest when he was just a child, and his parents were delighted to see their son follow in their footsteps.
But tragedy struck when Kael was still young. After a magical accident in his village his parents were killed in a brutal attack by a couple of villagers who believed that all magic-users were a danger to society and the accident proving their point. His parents unwilling to forcefully use magic on other humans, a quality the taught Kael as well, were no match for their ferocity. Kael was forced to flee into the wilds, alone and afraid.
For years, Kael wandered the wilderness, living off the land and hiding from those who would do him harm. But in his solitude, Kael began to sense something new. He felt a deep connection to the natural world around him, and an understanding of the animals that he encountered.
As Kael honed this connection, he began to discover that he had a unique ability. He could tap into the magic that flowed through all living things, and use it to heal, cure and protect. Kael realized that he had been given a gift, one that he would use to honor his parents and to protect others like himself.
Although still distrusting of people he frequents town ever more frequently, but only for necessities. Doing his best to hide his magical abilities as in not suffer the same fate as his parents.

Please write a few short paragraphs of an in-character response to the following scenario:

Kael takes a deep breath and approaches the officiant with a calm demeanor. He knows that he doesn't have any official paperwork or the means to bribe his way in, so he decides to try his luck with a simple plea. As he approaches the gate, he makes eye contact with the officiant and speaks in a clear, confident voice.
"Excuse me, sir. I understand that the First Province is a dangerous place, but I have a unique skill set that could be of use in the reclamation efforts. I have a strong connection to nature and wildlife, and I believe that I could provide valuable assistance in battling and researching the torment and, perhaps, eventually find a cure."
Kael pauses for a moment, hoping that his words have made an impact. He knows that he's taking a risk by hinting at his magical abilities, but he believes that it's worth it if it means gaining access to the First Province and restore the balance he seeks.
"I understand that I don't have any official paperwork or a Quarantine Visa, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to prove my worth and earn my place in the reclamation efforts. Please, sir, give me a chance to prove myself."
Kael holds his breath, waiting for the officiant's response. He knows that it's a long shot, but he's determined to do whatever it takes to gain entry to the First Province and uncover the truth about what lies within.

Archin
Character: Archin

Re: Application for Kael

Post by Archin » March 27th, 2023, 2:36 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!