New character: Thorne

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
blitztothemoon
Character: rollibard

New character: Thorne

Post by blitztothemoon » April 7th, 2023, 5:39 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
YEs played multiple characters on Requiem

How did you hear about Requiem?

From before

CHARACTER QUESTIONS
(Please note: Staff is looking for at least three lore references in your application when reviewing.)

What will your character’s name be?
Thorne - no one knows his last name

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
Tall, Imposing, barrel chested, but light on foot ( an odd combination I know) he's used to getting into tough places and blending in to get away. A talent he has acquired over the years

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
He was chased out of the western baronies for plundering, raping and pillaging. He believes there is one true religion, Gold. He who has the most gold makes the rules.

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history. This does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:

Thorne was a man of few words, but his reputation preceded him. He was known across the western territories as a ruthless brigand who would stop at nothing to get what he wanted. Thorne was a man who loved heavy weapons, and he had an arsenal of them. He was a walking armory, always ready for battle.

Thorne had grown up in poverty, and his childhood had been a rough one. He had learned to fend for himself at a young age, and he quickly became good at it. Thorne had no moral compass and was willing to do anything to get ahead in life.

One day, Thorne and his gang came across a small village in the western territories. The village was a peaceful one, and the people there had no idea what was coming for them. Thorne and his men rode into the village on horseback, their heavy weapons at the ready.

The villagers had no chance against Thorne and his gang. They were outnumbered and outgunned. Thorne and his men ransacked the village, taking everything they could get their hands on. They killed anyone who got in their way, showing no mercy.

Thorne reveled in the chaos and destruction he had caused. He loved the feeling of power he got from being in control. Thorne knew that he was a bad guy, but he didn't care. He was only interested in his own gain.

As Thorne and his gang rode away from the village, they laughed and joked about their conquest. Thorne knew that he had made a name for himself, and he was proud of it. He would continue to use his heavy weapons and bad attitude to get what he wanted, no matter who got hurt in the process.

Please write a few short paragraphs of an in-character response to the following scenario:

Thorne stood at the outskirts of the Rumbling Pass train-yards, eyeing the massive outpost with disdain. He couldn't believe how easy it was for people to be duped into wanting to enter the quarantined First Province, the home of Tor, the fallen capital of the Republic.

As he watched, only a few of the hundreds that approached the officiant were allowed to pass through the man-door and into the outpost and train-yards proper. Thorne scoffed at the sight of some people slipping pieces of gold to the officiant and others flashing official-looking papers from Factions or influential Prelacy houses.

Thorne knew there had to be a better way to get into the First Province, and he wasn't going to let some officiant stand in his way. He approached the officiant, a scowl on his face.

"State your business and make it quick, citizen," the officiant said, his words monotone and nasally. "We've enough bodies in there to keep us busy for years without adding yours to the pile, and those VIC are stirring up problems something fierce as of late."

Thorne chuckled at the officiant's words. He knew the VIC were no match for him.

"I don't need any paperwork or counterfeit Quarantine Visas," Thorne said, a smirk playing at his lips. "I'm going in, and you're going to let me."

The officiant raised an eyebrow at Thorne's boldness.

"And how do you plan on doing that?" he asked.

Thorne reached behind his back and pulled out a massive heavy weapon, a weapon he had stolen from the Legionnaires during his last run-in with them.

"This is how," Thorne said, pointing the weapon at the officiant. "I plan on using this to cull the tormented in the province. It's better to have me in there than out here.. among the weak folk..." Nodding towards the other people around that have not pass entrance to the providence. "Also, Magistrate Tomlin, in Prodai, would be pleased to hear you sent me to the wolves in the first providence. You may even get a promotion.' He says slyly and then spits on the ground. He mumbles " I fucking hate that guy".

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: New character: Thorne

Post by Coty » April 7th, 2023, 7:41 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!