New character: Davius Arlo

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
David
Character: Davius Arlo

New character: Davius Arlo

Post by David » April 17th, 2023, 6:07 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played[:
- No, 1st character.

How did you hear about Requiem?
- Browsing for possible ultima like games.

What will your character’s name be?
- Davius Arlo

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
- Davius is an eighteen years old young man. He is about 5f7 tall and 170 pounds which is pretty small in Ostenam. He has dark brown hair and blue eyes. His outside deameanor is composed with a touch of melancholy. He is polite and smiles easily.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
- After being tested by a passing templar, he was found to have magical abilities making him a candidate for the Consortium. His mother sent him on is way to serve the Republic. Davius wants to discover as much as possible about the torment and this which he knows next to nothing about. But first, he'll have to find his place in this new environment.

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history. This does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:
- Davius his the eldest of 5 siblings who lived in a farming community near Ostenam in the Midlands. After his father passed away from the torment affliction when he was 13, he effectively became a parent to his younger brothers and sisters. He became very responsable and his mother could always lean on him. Things were difficult because her mother was prone to episodes of depression and had become very bitter with life. He often heard her say heretical things about the Decusian faith.
So Davius is eager to please, responsable and believes in the virtues but for all his great qualities, he is not very wise. He is very curious and was often chastised for asking questions better left silent. When the templar tested him, he didn't want to leave his mother alone but she sent him on his way to become a man. He decided he would do his best to help fight the torment if it was the path that was laid before him.

Please write a few short paragraphs of an in-character response to the following scenario:
- Davius had never seen so many people. He felt awe, trepidation at all this activity and the sight of the train. After observing the surroundings, he went to the line where an officer was conducting the passage formalities. After,
15 to 20 minutes it was finally his turn.
'Hum, hello officer', Davius smiled sheepily. The officer not offering any encouragements, Davius went on:
' Here are my papers sir.'
After looking at the papers briefly the officers snorted loudly:' A mage!!'
Davius became very aware that the attention of the nearby crowd was now on him and began to feel very uneasy. He even heard someone mutter a prayer of protection.
Sternly, the officer went on, his disdain apparent:
'And what good do you think a little puppy like you will do over there. And why were you sent here of all places?'
'Hum, I don't presume to know sir. All I know is that I am to go here and join the local Consortium branch and begin my training as an inceptor.'
After a few tense moments, the officer laughed loudly:' You have to ease up puppy. Welcome and try not to get kill on the first day.
Davius felt an intense sense of relief as the officer gave him back is papers. He walked on to the train ready to take on any challenge.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: New character: Davius Arlo

Post by Coty » April 17th, 2023, 6:29 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!

The officiant barks a laugh. "You haven't heard? The Consortium branch got burned to the ground! Mages rounded up and killed. I suggest you keep those papers to yourself." He waves you on.

(OOC NOTE: Generally we do not allow players to apply for characters associated with factions but in this case the Consortium Branch in this province has be destroyed. Your character will not be RPly affiliated in any direct way with the Consortium. But the story of showing up to join the Consortium and finding them all dead is cool so we'll allow it. Keep in mind, having been sent to join them will not spare you from any repercussions that may come from playing a mage.)

David

Post by David » April 17th, 2023, 6:40 pm

Huh, I missed that bit of lore. Has the branch been destroyed recently? It seems a bit weird that new mage be sent in a place with no direction from the consortium. Maybe it's just the chaos... Any RP tip related to the situation is appreciated.

David

Post by David » April 17th, 2023, 6:42 pm

Like, am I even allowed to be a mage without direct supervision? Maybe the templar that sent me is out of touch with current events, maybe even incompetent, I think to myself...

Even so, I tell myself, I've not enough more money so I have to stay here until I figure things out it seems.

Coty
Aeolian Staff

Post by Coty » April 17th, 2023, 6:53 pm

Yep, the branch was destroyed recently. So it's something recent that may not have gotten all around yet which is why we allowed it. Makes for a cool story as well, I think. And no, you aren't allowed to be a mage in the Republic unless you are part of the Consortium and have a writ or practice Magic. Every player who plays a mage is considered illegal so you aren't alone, so just be careful!

David

Post by David » April 17th, 2023, 7:05 pm

Cool, will i be allowed to play soon?

Coty
Aeolian Staff

Post by Coty » April 17th, 2023, 7:15 pm

Already approved your character in game. Free to play whenever you're ready!