Raashek Darkblade

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Opresor
Character: Raashek Darkblade

Raashek Darkblade

Post by Opresor » May 13th, 2023, 11:34 am

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

No I don't.

How did you hear about Requiem?

Searching for Ultima Online roleplay servers on the Ultima Online subreddit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What will your character’s name be?

Raashek Darkblade

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Raashek is 32-year man who has a stoic and enigmatic figure. Standing at an imposing 6 feet 2 inches, he possesses a lean and muscular build that speaks to his physical prowess. Raashek has dark, shoulder-length hair that falls across his scarred face, obscuring one of his piercing green eyes, giving him an intimidating aura. His features are sharp and rugged, and his fair complexion contrasts with the dark attire he favors. He weighs around 200 pounds, with a well-toned physique that reflects his disciplined lifestyle. He also has a prominent scar that runs from his left cheekbone to his jawline, a reminder of a past encounter with the Tormented.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

Raashek’s primary motivation for entering the First Province is profit. As a ruthless bounty hunter, he seeks lucrative contracts and valuable artifacts that can be found within the ruins of Tor. With chaos and despair plaguing the fallen kingdom, he sees an opportunity to exploit the situation for his own gain. While he acknowledges the existence of the Torment and the suffering it has caused, his priority lies in fulfilling his own desires rather than saving the world.

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history. This does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:

Raashek, shrouded in mystery, grew up on the fringes of society, learning to survive in a harsh world. He became a skilled tracker and relentless pursuer, guided solely by self-interest. When the Torment arrived, Raashek saw it as a chance for profit. By taking on contracts to eliminate Tormented individuals, he is willing to amass wealth and resources.

Intrigued by rumors of hidden relics and valuables in the fallen First Province, Raashek set off on a treacherous journey. His goal was to exploit the chaos, confront the Tormented, and claim the treasures within the ruins. With his cold and calculating nature, he viewed encounters with survivors as opportunities for personal gain.

Driven by his vision of the life, Raashek had no concern for heroism or altruism. The plight of the world was merely a means to an end as he pursued personal wealth and power within the First Province, using any means necessary to achieve his goals.

Please write a few short paragraphs of an in-character response to the following scenario:

Raashek stood outside the imposing palisades of the outpost, observing the bustling scene before him. The sight of the idling passenger train piqued his interest, but he remained skeptical of the crowd's eagerness to enter the fallen First Province. The rumors and stories surrounding the place had intrigued him, but he knew better than to believe in salvation or ascension. His motivations were firmly rooted in personal gain and the treasures that lay hidden within Tor's ruins.

As Raashek scanned the surroundings, he noticed individuals slipping gold coins to the officiant, bribing their way through the gates. While that approach was tempting, he preferred to keep his options open. Perhaps there was another way to convince the officiant to grant him entry without compromising his principles or depleting his wealth. He overheard the monotonous speech the officiant delivered to those lacking proper paperwork or bribes, mentioning the necessity of a Quarantine Visa issued by recognized Factions.

With a calculated and confident stride, Raashek approached the officiant, his scarred face impassive. He knew he had to present himself as someone of value, someone who could contribute to the reclamation of the First Province. The thought of mentioning his prowess as a bounty hunter crossed his mind, but he decided against it. It was best to appear as an independent agent, unaffiliated with any specific Faction.

Clearing his throat, Raashek spoke in a composed and measured tone, his voice carrying an air of authority. "Officiant, I stand before you not as a mere citizen seeking passage but as a skilled survivor, capable of navigating the dangers that lie within the First Province. I bring valuable information regarding the Tormented and their movements, information that could aid your efforts in reclaiming the fallen territory."

He paused, letting his words sink in. He knew that appealing to their desire to regain control of the First Province could sway the officiant in his favor. After a moment, Raashek continued, "I possess no Quarantine Visa, for my work has often taken me beyond the reaches of bureaucratic formalities. However, my skills, experience, and knowledge can be of great value to those seeking to restore order within the Province. Allow me to prove myself and grant me the opportunity to aid your cause."

Raashek maintained eye contact with the officiant, his expression resolute and unyielding. He had presented a compelling case, one that showcased his usefulness without explicitly revealing his neutral-evil nature or his true motivations. He knew that this moment would determine whether he gained access to the fallen First Province or would be turned away like so many others.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Raashek Darkblade

Post by Coty » May 13th, 2023, 3:17 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!